Steve Gaisford

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Steve Gaisford

This topic contains 63 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  RoxyM 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Balou
    Participant
    #14700 Reply

Balou
    Participant

Steve Gaisford is doing the nightshift… What happened that a sports presenter has to do the news? Not that I wouldn’t like it!

#14701 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

What happened to Gordon Radley then? He took over the shift at 11pm yesterday, when Chris Roberts left.

Tanya

#14702 Reply

Balou
    Participant

Don’t have a clue about Gordon…I was very surprised to see Steve sitting there…first I thought I haven’t heard right…But Steve did a good job so far, what do you think?

#14703 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

I think he did an excellent job. Maybe he’ll transfer slowly to overnight main presenting, since Greg Milam and Martin Popplewell are doing day shifts.

Tanya

#14704 Reply

Balou
    Participant

Nice idea to have Steve as a presenter…but not only during the nights! Is Sky News trying out to have some new presenters?

#14705 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Steve Gaisford will be making more appearances on the overnights at the beginning of may

#14706 Reply

Tellyguru
    Participant

Steve isn’t working full-time as a presenter with Sky Sports news now after his contract was ended so he’s looking for other opportunities.

#14707 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Tellyguru – as ‘lady in the know’ you’ve got your facts wrong, Steve’s contract hasn’t been ended at all, rather made more flexible to give him a greater variety of work.

#14708 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

Do the overnight shift use the same studio as every1 else? Why is it blue and look different? Why do the presenters on overnight esp mai,sarah and martin,seem to have no personality.

#14709 Reply

JamesH
    Participant

Yes, it’s the same studio – they just use a different camera angle because the newswall is turned off overnight.

#14710 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Do the overnight shift use the same studio as every1 else? Why is it blue and look different? Why do the presenters on overnight esp mai,sarah and martin,seem to have no personality.

It’s the same studio, but overnight presenter usually sits more on a left side (from viewers view), where usually sits newspaper reviewer, but not always, sometimes they are sitting in normal position. Johnnie knows better these things!

Martin with no personality???….you already mentioned a few times that you don’t like Mai as a presenter much,….but you are way off about Martin! He has so much energy!

_______

Tanya

#14711 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

….or as James is saying, different camera angle and everything looks more on a left side!

_______

Tanya

#14712 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

i take that back.just mai and sarah.

hmn i wonder why they dont use the newswall??

are night shift sitting down all night?

#14713 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

are night shift sitting down all night?

yes

#14714 Reply

Barrynews
    Participant

tanya im not being rude but ljubliana..do u receive sky news there or do u live somewhere else

Gawd the overnight shift must be terrible to do..

i had thought the overnight shift was bea,med in from a totally diff set//thanks 4that!

#14715 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

Ha, ha, ….I especially like the part “but Ljubljana, do you receive…”, yes I do live in Ljubljana and we all receive Sky News with cabel system or digital satellite,…and no Slovenia is not part of Russia and my neighbour is not Fred Flindstone ( oops, that was a little bit sarcastic, no offense Barry I was only joking).

_______

Tanya

#14716 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Steve is working with Vivien Creegor today on the 10-4pm shift
    (Saturday 24/7/04)

Well Done..

#14717 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Steve is working with Emma tonight on the 8-12pm shift. they have started the hour with breaking news from the FA board meeting and the news that a British man arrested after U.S. extradition request and Faria Alam has Resigned.

It looks like a busy night for Steve and Emma.

#14718 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

How does he do it? Unless I’m mistaken, Steve was presenting with Lisa on the evening shift yesterday, and was back at the sports desk from 6 o’clock this morning. Is there sleeping accommodation on site for people with such a short break?

#14719 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

Is Steve Gaisford trying to break a record for the number of shifts in a week?

He was on Friday night 8-12, Saturday 4-12, Sunday 4-12 and then presenting the Sports bulletins Monday early morning. Does he live at Sky News Centre?

#14720 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

don’t forgot Thursday night 8-12

#14721 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

He was only on the evening shift last weekend dur dur Allan being away.
    He probably jumped at the chance of being on primetime tv 4 nights in a row–it could raise his profile a bit.

Yes,he probably did stay overnight-up early had a shower and changed suit and shirt–those kind of facilities would be at sky centre.

Often Paula Middlehurst presents the Friday evening 8-12 slot and then sunrise from 6am Saturday morning….I suppose you would get used to it.

#14722 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I think Paula go’s home about 11pm if she is on Sunrise the next morning (Steve was alone from 11pm on Friday night)

I don’t think they have any sleeping accommodation’s at Sky Centre.

#14723 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Nice to see Steve Gaisford on Sunrise earlier this week, excellent presenter and gorgeous as well!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
Reply To: Steve Gaisford
Your information: