Suffolk Killings

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Suffolk Killings

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #33123 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

News teams have been all over the Suffolk area in the last week, reporting on the death of five prostitutes.

Jeremy Thompson as been presenting the evening output on Sky News since Monday, With Julie presenting in the Morning/Afternoon. Paul Brennan, Paul Harrison and Martin Brunt reporting from Suffolk.

Mark Austin as been live from Ipswich for ITV’s Evening and Nightly News. Angus Walker and Juliet Bremner reporting from Suffolk.

Huw Edwards presented the Ten last night, George presented the six, and news updates on BBC1 during the evening.

Kay Burley will present Wednesday’s edition of Lunchtime Live from Suffolk Police Station.

The News of the World has offered ?250,000 for any information leading to the capture of the killer.

#33124 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jonna Gosling presenting from outside the police station, during a BBC 1 news special. (Wed 11am)

Fiona Bruce also at Police HQ.

#33125 Reply

scottish
    Participant

I think I saw Lorna Dunkley with Paul Harrison in Levington this morning, with Julie Etchingham at Martlesham.

Dermot Murnaghan was in Ipswich for BBC Breakfast.

Jon Sopel now presenting live from Ipswich on BBC News 24.

#33126 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

You did indeed, and Martin Stanfords out there aswell

#33127 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

They all seem to be doing live broadcasts from Ipswich. Mark Austin did the Evening News from outside a police unit, prop the same for late news

#33128 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I didn’t think Sky would’ve bother sending a presenter to Suffolk at the weekend, but i’ve noticed Chris Roberts is there. Was anyone else there for Sky?

#33129 Reply

OperaGhost
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:I didn’t think Sky would’ve bother sending a presenter to Suffolk at the weekend, but i’ve noticed Chris Roberts is there. Was anyone else there for Sky?

Colin Brazier from 6am to whenever Chris Roberts joined, I only saw Sunrise.

#33130 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

yes Colin was there from 6 to 12pm when Chris took over.

It’s all so pointless as they are literally repeating the same things over and over – nothing has changed.

#33131 Reply

scottish
    Participant

And Maxine Mawhinney in Ipswich for BBC News 24 wearing a rather bright red fleece and anorak. First time I’ve ever seen her present from on location.

#33132 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky will broadcast a half-hour special entitled ‘Portrait of a serial killer’ at 7.30pm on Sunday 17th Dec.

#33133 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

I never thought I would get bored of watching Colin Brazier but as there are no new developments today its the same thing about every 20 mins :wacko:

#33134 Reply

scottish
    Participant

The police statement announcing that Steve Wright had been charged with 5 murders was made at 10.15pm. It was covered live on the BBC Ten O’Clock News, BBC News 24 and Sky News – each with different coverage. BBC One and Newsnight had Richard Bilton outside Suffolk Police HQ, while BBC News 24 had Chris Eakin presenting live from inside the press conference with analysis from Margaret Gilmore. Sky had Colin Brazier presenting from Martlesham and Martin Brunt covering the story.

Another side note: last week a newspaper journalist called up Suffolk Police to enquire about the latest on the case, and was advised that he should call Martin Brunt, as “he seems to know everything before we do”. He really is one of Sky’s strongest assets in my opinion.

#33135 Reply

vicky23
    Participant

scottish wrote:The police statement announcing that Steve Wright had been charged with 5 murders was made at 10.15pm. It was covered live on the BBC Ten O’Clock News, BBC News 24 and Sky News – each with different coverage. BBC One and Newsnight had Richard Bilton outside Suffolk Police HQ, while BBC News 24 had Chris Eakin presenting live from inside the press conference with analysis from Margaret Gilmore. Sky had Colin Brazier presenting from Martlesham and Martin Brunt covering the story.

Another side note: last week a newspaper journalist called up Suffolk Police to enquire about the latest on the case, and was advised that he should call Martin Brunt, as “he seems to know everything before we do”. He really is one of Sky’s strongest assets in my opinion.

I have nothing but praise for Martin Brunt. He has done an excellent job over the last few weeks, and he has be on for hours and hours each day. Im glad to see he seems to have disappeared off for Xmas, nobody deserves a break more on Sky than Martin!

#33136 Reply

Framescourer
    Participant

The police statement announcing that Steve Wright had been charged with 5 murders was made at 10.15pm. It was covered live on the BBC Ten O’Clock News, BBC News 24 and Sky News – each with different coverage. BBC One and Newsnight had Richard Bilton outside Suffolk Police HQ, while BBC News 24 had Chris Eakin presenting live from inside the press conference with analysis from Margaret Gilmore. Sky had Colin Brazier presenting from Martlesham and Martin Brunt covering the story.

Another side note: last week a newspaper journalist called up Suffolk Police to enquire about the latest on the case, and was advised that he should call Martin Brunt, as "he seems to know everything before we do". He really is one of Sky’s strongest assets in my opinion.

I have nothing but praise for Martin Brunt. He has done an excellent job over the last few weeks, and he has be on for hours and hours each day. Im glad to see he seems to have disappeared off for Xmas, nobody deserves a break more on Sky than Martin!

Agreed, Brunt often looks put upon but he’s tenacious and straightforward.

I’ve a big issue with this news story though. All this OB anchoring quickly took on a different flavour. Often I didn’t find myself being told the news as watching a ‘For Your Consideration’ type presentation with featured newsreaders keeping one eye on the RTS TV Journalism Awards. Ugh

#33137 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Anna Botting is presenting live from outside the court of the trial of Steve Wright. Martin Brunt is also in ipswich, and David Crabtree is inside court.

Sky are using a new background for their graphics.

I cannot believe these murders took place over a year ago, where does the time go?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Suffolk Killings
Your information: