Trevor Phillips to host Sky News’ Sophy Ridge on Sunday

Trevor Phillips Sophy Ridge on Sunday

Trevor Phillips will host Sky News’ weekly politics show Sophy Ridge on Sunday, while Sophy goes on maternity leave at the end of the month.

Phillips is a former head of current affairs at ITV station LWT and won Royal Television Society journalism awards in 1988 and 1993, before landing the RTS documentary series award for Windrush in 1998.

“Sky News’ reputation for original journalism, accuracy and impartiality are well established and I am enormously excited to be joining the team,” said Trevor.

“My philosophy on reporting news and interviewing politicians aligns very close to what I have seen from watching the show since it launched in 2017.

“It’s a privilege to be invited to keep the seat warm for such an outstanding talent as Sophy. What I hope I can bring to the incisive and intelligent analysis of her team is two decades of experience in public office and in business.

“Sky News’ standards and professionalism are of the highest quality and I will do all I can to maintain them while in the Sunday morning chair.”

The broadcaster and writer will be the first black host of a flagship UK politics show.

Head of Sky News John Ryley added: “Sky News is delighted to have Trevor join our team and bring his significant journalistic experience and fresh perspective to the news organisation on Sunday mornings.

“The programme is an important weekend appointment for our viewers and we are keen to develop the way we assess the changing political landscape, hold those in authority to account and give clarity in times of uncertainty.

“We wish Sophy all the best in the coming months while she is on maternity leave and look forward to her return.”

Sophy’s last show before her maternity begins will be Sunday 16 May, with Phillips taking on the role from the following Sunday 23 May.

Posted by on Friday 14 May 2021
Posted in
The Daily Climate Show Sky News Presentation

Sky News aired its final Climate Show this weekend. Presenter Tom Heap said at the end of this week’s programme:

Wilfred Frost Sky News

Sky News presenter Wilf Frost is heading back to CNBC. He’ll return to New York City for 4 weeks per

Friday Night with Niall Paterson Sky News Promo

Friday Night with Niall Paterson has been cancelled for this week following the news that Catherine, Princess of Wales, is

Copy link