Take A Day Off, Why Don't You…

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Take A Day Off, Why Don't You…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mr Byrne
    Participant
    #22248 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

I was out for dinner early yesterday and when I came back it was just before seven (I think) but I wanted to get the Sky News Ireland 7PM bulletin however, it wasn’t on. Was yesterday a bank holiday? Because if it was it didn’t stop me from working… yet another example as to why I stopped watching SNI on a regular basis, or maybe they only they only stop broadcasting when I want to watch it.

Is it just me or did anyone else experience the same thing? How often does this happen? Are Mondays now part of their week-end breakup?

#22249 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

FYI

In Ireland, yesterday was a public holiday. Because New Years Days fell on a Saturday, the holiday was carried over to the Monday. Most people had the day off work but those unlucky enough to be in work(like me) got paid normal rate-it was not bank holiday pay.

#22250 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Well I do recall SNI broadcasting on previous holidays.

It’s strange that they didn’t go to work yesterday, they really should have week-end news too. Wouldn’t you agree?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Take A Day Off, Why Don't You…
Your information: