Technofile

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Technofile

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AJ 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

soxman
    Participant
    #27959 Reply

soxman
    Participant

I think it’s great that Technofile has returned after a 4 year ‘break’ since the second Gulf War.

However, today is the the third Saturday it’s been on since it’s reappearance and on all three occasions it has missed it’s 11:15 start time by between 5 and 10 minutes with no corresponding lengthening at the tail end of the programme.

As the 10am – Noon slot on Saturday seems to be more laid back in style (as evidenced by MS’s lack of tie!!) couldn’t Sky go back to its old format of a half-hour programme?

#27960 Reply

martinAnderson
    Participant

I wonder if there will be an extended episode for the Xbox 360 Launch…

#27961 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Not seen this – is it good ?

Is it similar to BBC News 24’s “Click Online” ? Which is pretty awful in trying to appeal in a “lowest-common denominator World Service Politically-Correct way to everybody – and so pleasing nobody, I reckon !!

But I wouldn’t mind the “jolly travel trips to distant Tech Expo lands” that Steven the Click Online (and part-time News 24) presenter seems to wangle out of it!!!

#27962 Reply

AJ
    Participant

phaedrusuk+Dec 12 2005, 05:29 AM–>(phaedrusuk @ Dec 12 2005, 05:29 AM)
    Not seen this – is it good ?

Is it similar to BBC News 24’s “Click Online” ? Which is pretty awful in trying to appeal in a “lowest-common denominator World Service Politically-Correct way to everybody – and so pleasing nobody, I reckon !!

But I wouldn’t mind the “jolly travel trips to distant Tech Expo lands” that Steven the Click Online (and part-time News 24) presenter seems to wangle out of it!!!

I do recall them doing a live from a gadget expo a few weeks back – Steve Dixon was there live looking at all the must have gadgets for Christmas and 2006 – including a massive plug of Sky HD!

#27963 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

I saw Technofile on Saturday for the first time.

And what a lot of rubbish it was! The presenter seemed absolutely clueless as to what he was doing, what he was supposed to demonstrate, how to demonstrate it, which camera to look at.

And the supposed techno-geeks journalists he had as experts give both geeks and journalists a bad name! I’d rather watch Click Online – or the much better “Gadget Show (Channel 4) , or Gadgets & Stuff (Liz Bonnin on f tn), or even, dare I say it, Click Online.

At the end of Technofile the presenter crashed into a switch into presenting the New Headlines – which he was more comfortable with!!

Use expert technologists for Technofile – not a News journalist given a job to look interested – but ignorant – of the technology he is reviewing!

Cheers, P.

#27964 Reply

AJ
    Participant

urgh – Click Online?!?!?!

It’s the biggest pile of patronising pap on television at the moment. I don’t want to be told how to clean my mouse – I already know how to do that!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Technofile
Your information: