The Doomsday Broadcast

Forums Forums TV Newsroom The Doomsday Broadcast

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  HBox 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Will Riker
    Participant
    #25488 Reply

Will Riker
    Participant

If it was doomsday I think the last words would be something like this.

Because of the end of civilisation the SKY satellite network leaves the air we hope you have enjoyed our programs and more importantly we hope you have enjoyed life.
    It may look like this

#25489 Reply

Nong
    Participant

You either have a lot of time on to kill, or in desperate need of medical help.

Besides, I don’t think the people would just be sitting there while a huge fireball erupts behind them.

#25490 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Well that’s put a more negative side to life. But I don’t think we have to worry about it yet do we. I think we’ve got time to have few pints down the pub.

And if it were to occur I very much doubt Martin and Julie will be standing in the Sky News Centre, presenting Sky News Today, i doubt a lot of channels will exist by that time. :rolleyes: Thats just in my opinion.

Where did this topic suddenly crop up from?

#25491 Reply

caseymorris
    Participant

Have you seen Gremlins 2? The satellite empire broadcasts a pre-recorded “Due to the end of civilisation we have had to suspend programming”or something like that.

#25492 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

i thought the new sky news logos would be included – i’m gutted will. i am really impressed with martin’s composure though, smirking with such a crisis

#25493 Reply

Ornsack
    Participant

I dunno if this is the worst thing I’ve ever seen, or the weirdest… but anyway…

Have you seen Gremlins 2?  The satellite empire broadcasts a pre-recorded “Due to the end of civilisation we have had to suspend programming”or something like that.

Aparrently they included that scene in the film on hearing that CNN had a similar video ready for the end of the world. According to IMDB.com anyway.

#25494 Reply

Will Riker
    Participant

caseymorris+Jun 23 2005, 08:50 PM–>(caseymorris @ Jun 23 2005, 08:50 PM)
    Have you seen Gremlins 2? The satellite empire broadcasts a pre-recorded “Due to the end of civilisation we have had to suspend programming”or something like that.

Yes were do you think I got that line from.

#25495 Reply

tippguy
    Participant

:unsure: BIT OF A FREEK NOW ARE WE!!! :unsure: and anyway if your gonna waste all your time doing a pointless drawing you should at least do it properly like so. . incase your wondering about the ticker it’s the part where sky tell you ther’ve an active vote there asking’ do you think the meteor will see the end of the earth? sky always put on silly pointless votes. figure dayd do one now aswell. why not get the last bit of money the can from their customers.

#25496 Reply

Mick
    Participant

This is an interesting thread. It seems that most of you are unaware that the existence of 24 hour news channels (amongst which SKY is but one) is a sign that the destruction of Western civilisation has already begun. This is a “good” thing.

The comet, meteor, or whatever is a Heavenly body. It is symbolic of a “new” idea or belief system, or value system. All civilisations have self-destructed: Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Incas etc etc. We are only the next link in the chain of evolution.

So…… the comet, whilst bringing and end to the present order will also allow a new order to emerge. Look around you. We are raping this planet and killing each other for what? Money, power,and prestige. Isn’t it time for a new order? Fire is cleansing. So is water.

Embrace life. Don’t fight death. Wake up and smell the coffee. Start being nice to others and to yourself. Work out what really matters and begin to bring the new order that our beautiful planet and our beautiful life forms are entitled to.

Bless us all,

Mick.

#25497 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Mick+Jun 24 2005, 08:58 AM–>(Mick @ Jun 24 2005, 08:58 AM)
    This is an interesting thread. It seems that most of you are unaware that the existence of 24 hour news channels (amongst which SKY is but one) is a sign that the destruction of Western civilisation has already begun. This is a “good” thing.

The comet, meteor, or whatever is a Heavenly body. It is symbolic of a “new” idea or belief system, or value system. All civilisations have self-destructed: Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Incas etc etc. We are only the next link in the chain of evolution.

So…… the comet, whilst bringing and end to the present order will also allow a new order to emerge. Look around you. We are raping this planet and killing each other for what? Money, power,and prestige. Isn’t it time for a new order? Fire is cleansing. So is water.

Embrace life. Don’t fight death. Wake up and smell the coffee. Start being nice to others and to yourself. Work out what really matters and begin to bring the new order that our beautiful planet and our beautiful life forms are entitled to.

Bless us all,

Mick.

What have you been smoking all night?!

And as for the ‘person’ who started this thread, Will Riker, you are an idiot stop wasting time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: The Doomsday Broadcast
Your information: