The News Centre

Forums Forums TV Newsroom The News Centre

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MikeLevine
    Participant
    #17931 Reply

MikeLevine
    Participant

It seems to me that the gallery shots where a presenter (or two) are standing in the gallery “pit” (where you usually see others working in the background) is not working.

There appears to be more background noise and chatter and for some presenters it seems they are less comfortable with full-length shots or being in the gallery “pit” or both.

In general I find the amount of background noise in this shot distracts from my viewing pleasure.

#17932 Reply

Easty
    Participant

I love it when they are in the newsroom. It makes you feel part of the news.

#17933 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I would have to agree, it makes you feel like its more edgy and interactive (some how). I love the way it’s done, and is much more relaxed and interesting than BBC News 24.

I really hope they keep this format, although the presenter sometimes walks out of shot when coming back to the news desk, whilst still talking, it feels much more pleasurable to watch than 2 people sitting at a desk.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: The News Centre
Your information: