The Sky Report

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom The Sky Report

This topic contains 38 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Raworth_thenews
    Participant
    #27427 Reply

Raworth_thenews
    Participant

One of the Sunday magazines had an interview with Julie and she said she was expecting her 2nd child in March.
    Was a good interview, will try to find the magazine it was in and post it on here.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but had a late night…

#27428 Reply

sammy
    Participant

if i cud meet a girl
    only half as lovely as sophie or julie
    i’d still b a lucky guy

#27429 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Congratulations Julie and family. That’ll be two births for her this year. I wonder which one will be more tiring and painful?

#27430 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

IS JULIE EXPECTING HER SECOND CHILD I DIDNT HAVE A CLUE LOL, I WONDER WHO WILL TAKE OVER HER PROGRAMME BETWEEN 7PM & 8PM WEEKDAYS HOPE ITS OUR EMMA CROSBY.

#27431 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Firstly, Howie can you refrain from writing is capitals, thank you.

You may wish to add this to the other bizarre comments that have been said on this forum over the last 3 years, but I’d like to see Jayne Secker present the Sky Report – She’s a fantastic reporter, she’s already apart of the Sky Report team, and she once presented regional news…

I hope we don’t see the likes of Anna Botting or Mark Longhurst moved from Sky News Today to present the Sky Report.

#27432 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Johnnie+Oct 30 2005, 09:50 PM–>(Johnnie @ Oct 30 2005, 09:50 PM)
    I’d like to see Jayne Secker present the Sky Report – She’s a fantastic reporter, she’s already apart of the Sky Report team, and she once presented regional news…

Yes – I like Jayne. Did she present HTV West News?

#27433 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

I’d like to see Anna Botting take over for a while, I think she’s under used by sky and is just as good as Julie and Kay Burley.

#27434 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky Lad+Oct 30 2005, 11:14 PM–>(Sky Lad @ Oct 30 2005, 11:14 PM)
    I’d like to see Anna Botting take over for a while, I think she’s under used by sky and is just as good as Julie and Kay Burley.

Yes – I would love to see Anna present such a show. The point I’m making is that i wouldn’t wont to see one part of the schedule changed to make up another part.. I hope they’ll bring in someone from the Sky Report team – The same goes for World News Tonight, when James has a day/week off, they pull someone in who works on the world stage like Tim Marshall or Andrew Wilson…

#27435 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

Yeah I see what you mean.

I don’t like Julie’s show though, I think it’s a waste only using her for just that hour on screen.

I wonder which presenters sky are going to send when a story like hurricane katrina breaks.

#27436 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I guess I would like to see Jayne Secker present Sky Report.

#27437 Reply

davedave99
    Participant

As I have mentioned before I think this is the best thing about the relaunch…what are other people’s views?

#27438 Reply

davedave99
    Participant

Jayne Secker’s stuff from Asia, especially that Paedophile story on Monday has been of a quality I have never before seen on Sky. Better than C4 news, better than TOnight with Trevor, better than newsnight. the quality looks more like docos and are so rivetting. Glad Sky are putting out top quality stuff as well as the breaking news stuff. It shows it can be the best at everything if they want it to be.

#27439 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Julie and Sir Cliff…

I like Sky Report Tonight and especially Julie Etchingham!
    For me she is “beauty”, clever and hooked on classics….
    Last year Julie was in her own class from “The Asian Tsunami” – I know there was a big team to help her (and thanks to all of them) – but nevertheless! :rolleyes:
    Here at Tonight?s interview with Sir Cliff Richard, where Julie Etchingham has spoken exclusively to Sir Cliff about his new Album/CD and his battle about the singers faith a.s.o., it was, maybe “short”, but very fab and sharp.
    She is easily provoked to laughter. I like that. I like SkyNews and of course Julie Etchingham.

#27440 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Nice work….Julie!

Nice work of you once again, Julie Etchingham, in last evenings Sky Report!
    Even “Special Report On Forced Marriages” (Eve Riching?s amazing story and “What a Gay Day for Same Sex Couples” (we already have it in Denmark for the last 10-12 years) – but the best one was Sky Report?s interview with The Singing “Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport” and “Stairway To Heaven” – The Aussie-entertainer, Sir Rolf Harris.
    “Royal Portrait”.
    The artist was commissioned to paint the monark (Queen Elizabeth) to celebrate her 80th birthday next year. Well done and push the button….
    Rolf Harris said, he would be aiming for an impressionistic, rather than a photographic representation. Clever fellow. And then you asked: Do we really need critics?
    Yes or now? Mr. David Lee said, it was awfull and something like “rotten painting”. Forget Critical Culture and David Lee. :angry:
    I like Rolf “Two Little Boys” & “Sun Arise” Harris. And still your easily provoked to laughter, Julie. Nice work and great stuff! The best of tonight?s Sky News. And as I wrote the other day: I like Sky News too :rolleyes:

#27441 Reply

classeyham
    Participant

Merry Christmas Everyone..

Julie Etchingham is the most stunning female presenter on Sky News. Without no doubt! B) Her interviews with Sir Cliff Richard, Ex-Busted (Ki) and Sir Rolf Harris were outstanding!
    The Sky Report gets better and better. Which one said “Great Expectations??” Merry Christmas Everyone!

#27442 Reply

HOWIE
    Participant

I say a huge WELL DONE to Julie, I think she looks remarkable considering she iz expecting, when iz she due to leave for maternity.

#27443 Reply

Damian
    Participant

HOWIE+Oct 30 2005, 09:17 PM–>(HOWIE @ Oct 30 2005, 09:17 PM)
    Is Julie expecting her second child? I I didn’t have a clue lol, I wonder who will take over her programme between 7PM & 8PM weekdays, Hope its our Emma Crosby.

Colin Brazier presented it last night, maybe he’ll be the relief presenter.

#27444 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Julie said tonight is her last Sky Report before she goes on maternity leave.

#27445 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

Yeah Jamie said good bye to her..We’ll find out on monday whos her replacement i suppose..

#27446 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Just got sent my daily Sky Report email, but it’s Friday’s edition. So still no clues as to who’ll cover Julie.

#27447 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sky Report Email+–>(Sky Report Email)
    Hope you can join us.

Best wishes,
    Colin Brazier (standing in for Julie Etchingham this week)

I wonder If Anna will cover the Sky Report next week. She does seem to be off this week.

#27448 Reply

Will Riker
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:Just got sent my daily Sky Report email, but it’s Friday’s edition. So still no clues as to who’ll cover Julie.

daily Sky Report email?

#27449 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Will Riker wrote:(Johnnie @ Feb 6 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]13238[/snapback]

Just got sent my daily Sky Report email, but it’s Friday’s edition. So still no clues as to who’ll cover Julie.

daily Sky Report email?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/fixed_article/0…1200215,00.html

#27450 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:(Will Riker @ Feb 7 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]13267[/snapback]

(Johnnie @ Feb 6 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]13238[/snapback]

daily Sky Report email?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/fixed_article/0…1200215,00.html

Anna Botting

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds29339.html

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
Reply To: The Sky Report
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register