theme music

Forums Forums TV Newsroom theme music

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

NEWSBOY2
    Participant
    #17153 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Which theme music does everyone prefer? I think the current one seems too high pitched with no real bass or depths. I think the previous one with the electric horns was good if not a little weak, the one for the 2001 election with the thundering drums and tribal chaunts was still the best. It had the cheesy 80’s electric guitar sting as well. BRING IT BACK!

#17154 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

oh yes most certainly the best theme Sky News ever had.

EDIT: AUDIO FILE REMOVED

#17155 Reply

Butterfinger
    Participant

New Here to Sky News fourms. I have to agree, that 2001 theme tune was the best, and is way better than the current theme. It should be brought back!!

#17156 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I like the existing theme. Very newsy. Where can I download the full version?

#17157 Reply

jonnyboy
    Participant

I think that Sky News should of kept its previous theme tune and used it against the current opening graphics. The previosu theme tune was miles better than the current one, I still don’t know to this day why they changed it. . But I suppose everything has to move on sooner or later.

#17158 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

i agree with jonnyboy. incidentally has anyone noticed the current theme tune and the very slight (?) resemblance to crimewatch??!

#17159 Reply

Steven
    Participant

I’m not expert on this topic, and don’t have any real interest for that matter. But I’m sure the change was forced upon SN because the old tune was under copyright. I could be incorrect about that, but there you go.

#17160 Reply

AJ
    Participant

Yeah – that’s true.

Dobs Vye (the composer of the last music) was threatening legal action I think I recall.

Personally, I like the new music – it sounds right for the channel and it stands out from the other news channels.

#17161 Reply

Ornsack
    Participant

oh yes most certainly the best theme Sky News ever had.

Download the theme (619k .wma)

Grr, it has a damn windows copyright protection thing on that file!

#17162 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

yeah i noticed that too, unfortunately. when i open the file it blasts up a windows microsoft webpage saying it’s copyrighted file.

any thoughts johnnie?

#17163 Reply

LittleRoss
    Participant

yeah i noticed that too, unfortunately. when i open the file it blasts up a windows microsoft webpage saying it’s copyrighted file.

any thoughts johnnie?

I crapped myself when I saw that, I really did – but could Microsoft ever be bothered to do anything about that?

I didn’t do anything! Um – I don’t really care anymore…

#17164 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Not a clue – file removed.

#17165 Reply

Ornsack
    Participant

Where can I hear the theme now it’s down?

#17166 Reply

LittleRoss
    Participant

Very well – I got bombarded with about 50 of those Microsoft threats – bunch of suckers to be honest

#17167 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I now have a clean verison of the 2001 theme, and it’s not windows protected and I have 4 different version.

Click here for the media section and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Check out the Alternative Version – It’s pretty good.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: theme music
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register