Ticker

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Ticker

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eagleeye 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AJ
    Participant
    #14070 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I was just wondering why exactly Sky don’t leave their ticker on past 7.00pm

It would be ideal for periods such as the evening (during Littlejohn and suchlike) and sunrise especially as it allows the viewer to catch up with the news quickly.

I know a lot of people argue that Active allows for that, but there are now international viewers of Sky News (or there will be soon, at least).

Is a 24-7 ticker going to be included in the graphics change when it comes in 35 years time? I hope so

AJ

http://www.andy-jones.co.uk

#14071 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

I reakon the ticker should only be used when its really busy, after 7 its not usually that manic so things can be more relaxed. Otherwise it just gets ignored.

#14072 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

I actually find the ticker rather annoying, so my preference would be that it isn’t on-screen 24/7. (!) Although I do use Sky News Active to catch up with all the other news, so for me the ticker just gets ignored most of the time.

Obviously people who do not have access to the ‘active’ service may find the ticker an important part of their Sky News viewing. So fair enough, each to their own.

Is a 24-7 ticker going to be included in the graphics change when it comes in 35 years time?

What! It’s been postponed again!

#14073 Reply

AJ
    Participant

Is a 24-7 ticker going to be included in the graphics change when it comes in 35 years time?

What! It’s been postponed again!

lol

what sky could consider doing is have a tickerless feed on the main channel 501, then have a ticker on the active feed (go to sky news active then press zero)

#14074 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Many channels now seem to use the ticker to cover stories that they don’t cover in the bulletins (which is often a shame as they are worth covering). I find the ticker annoying and a cheap and nasty way of avoiding proper coverage of stories…but then maybe I’m being a dinosaur again, who can’t listen, watch and read at the same time.

I stand to be corrected but I think it’s an idea copied from the US networks. CNN have had it for ages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Ticker
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register