Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #34817 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

broadcast now wrote:Tim Lovejoy has left his role as presenter of Sky Sports 1’s Saturday morning football show Soccer AM after 10 years in the role.

His departure brings to an end the long-running and popular on-screen partnership with co-host Helen Chamberlain.

However, a Sky Sports spokesman said the show will be returning for the new 2007/8 football season, where Chamberlain will be joined by a new co-host who will be named in due course.

#34818 Reply

Lone
    Participant

I hope that doesn’t mean he’s spending more time on Fifth Gear. As bad as the show is, he just makes it much more worse.

#34819 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Or he might want to spend more time doing his morning show on the Sundays for the BBC

#34820 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

he was also executive producer too, so that will be two job roles they will have to fill.

#34821 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Does he still do 5th Gear? I watched the first of the new series and he wasnt on then

#34822 Reply

Lone
    Participant

guvnorgaz wrote:Does he still do 5th Gear? I watched the first of the new series and he wasnt on then

I didn’t see him either, I think the reaction from the fans was so bad they had to get rid of him.

#34823 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Like his failed chat show went down the pan. He was ok at first but let it all go to his head, footy fans with banners at games saying ‘Lovejoy is a legend’ and all that and he started to think he was a superstar

#34824 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Apparently he is looking to take some of his Soccer AM crew with him. The heart would really be ripped out of the show if that happened, particularly if Fenners and Sheephead depart.

#34825 Reply

dan_mase
    Participant

surely an excellent opportunity to rebrand a show that has looked very tired for some time. I would expect Simon Thomas to step into a new format that actually has some interest in football.

#34826 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Its about time it was sorted out, it has become a load of old tosh with a bunch of goons trying to be funny, Lovejoy acting the star and trying not to let everyone see why his missus dumped him

#34827 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

so who do people wanna see replace Lovejoy? im assuming that they are gonna keep it in house

im actually undecided at the moment and like a few other people have already said i wonder if it will focus on football more or still have the funny side to it

#34828 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Maybe it will be Andy Goldstein, he does the All Sports Show with Helen, maybe a logical choice or not

#34829 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Andy does seem the obvious choice. Ralf Little’s name has also been banded about, and I can see them going for him; show regular, quite comical, has presented a few shows before etc. I have a suspicion that they might want Jamie Redknapp to do it. Apparently he is being groomed by Sky to step into some sort of presenting and he is a ‘name’, quite jovial and has an excellent football background. I’d rather not see him but I feel he could be an outsider to get the job?

#34830 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Redknapp is actually a good suggestion. i feel he is too lightweight to be Sky’s main pundit so putting him on Soccer AM wouldn’t be a bad choice. But can he read an autocue?

#34831 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

As revealed on the Sky Sports website today, Andy Goldstein has takeover from Tim Lovejoy on the Soccer Am show.

Do not know if the format will be the same or not

Have to wait until the 11th August when the show will begin on Sky Sports 1

#34832 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

There’s behind the scenes images of the christmas special on the Guardian website: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery … feed=media

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM
Your information: