Tim Marshall

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Tim Marshall

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  jk80 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

dodrade
    Participant
    #27160 Reply

dodrade
    Participant

I enjoy listening to his Iraq analysis, but he doesn’t do much to hide his pro war, pro coalition bias. Is he the thin end of the wedge which leads sky news on the slippery slope to being a right wing propaganda channel?

#27161 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

dodrade+Oct 15 2005, 01:09 PM–>(dodrade @ Oct 15 2005, 01:09 PM)
    Is he the thin end of the wedge which leads sky news on the slippery slope to being a right wing propaganda channel?

That is illegal in the UK.

#27162 Reply

gsf
    Participant

Well at least he has been to Iraq a few times so I’m sure he knows what he is talking about.

The whole Iraq debate in the media (especially C4 & the Independent) is focussed on what happened the past. Whatever about the rights and wrongs of toppling Saddam, nobody in their right mind can want Iraq to descend into chaos now.

It’s hardly bias to hope that Iraq can have a stable future?

#27163 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I find Tim to be a great journalist, and his analysis is no worse than the new set up for Anna B and J, Martin, Mark, Steve and Ginny discussing their thoughts on the news. As for him being likened to FOX News I think that is rather unfair.

#27164 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Is he the thin end of the wedge which leads sky news on the slippery slope to being a right wing propaganda channel?

I’d be happy if Sky News went Fox News style. Its certainly the most right-wing news channel in this neck of the woods- and by that I mean its fair and balanced. There are certain other news services which seem to have a left-wing slant.

#27165 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

Mr Byrne+Oct 26 2005, 03:39 PM–>(Mr Byrne @ Oct 26 2005, 03:39 PM)

I’d be happy if Sky News went Fox News style. Its certainly the most right-wing news channel in this neck of the woods- and by that I mean its fair and balanced. There are certain other news services which seem to have a left-wing slant.

sky’s hardly right wing- Last nights Sky report on the Homophobic Fred Phelps would hardly have been on Fox or any ring network.

#27166 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Now the BBC News 24 service, that is right wing!!!

#27167 Reply

Will Riker
    Participant

Over at .. TV Forum somone said Tim Marshall was Radio 2 again today? What does he work for BBC now?

#27168 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

No he was just filling in for Jeremy Vine..not sure if he’s back again tomorrow..

#27169 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Tim Marshall is in Baghdad, Iraq, reporting on Jack Straws visit to the country.

#27170 Reply

scottish
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:Tim Marshall is in Baghdad, Iraq, reporting on Jack Straws visit to the country.

…and as a result, Chris Roberts covered for James Rubin on World News Tonight this evening rather than Tim who you would normally expect to see.

#27171 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

scottish wrote:(Johnnie @ Feb 20 2006, 05:20 PM) [snapback]13439[/snapback]

Tim Marshall is in Baghdad, Iraq, reporting on Jack Straws visit to the country.

…and as a result, Chris Roberts covered for James Rubin on World News Tonight this evening rather than Tim who you would normally expect to see.

Which seems even more strange because i’m sure i saw James Rubin tease ‘World News Tonight’ during ‘The Sky Report’

#27172 Reply

jk80
    Participant

dodrade wrote:I enjoy listening to his Iraq analysis, but he doesn’t do much to hide his pro war, pro coalition bias. Is he the thin end of the wedge which leads sky news on the slippery slope to being a right wing propaganda channel?

I’ve noticed slight hawkish tendencies too. It tends to be a suble playing down of the difficulties and talking up the positives over there. So difficult to report without any perceived bias at all though, left or right.

#27173 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Tim is currently on Soccer AM.

#27174 Reply

jk80
    Participant

Apparently he used to be in the RAF. I wonder what he did.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Tim Marshall
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register