Tony Blair – How long will he last?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Tony Blair – How long will he last?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bbc World Fan 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #32281 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Big day for Tony Blair, according to ‘The Sun’ Blair will leave his party on May 31st 2007 and will quit as PM on July 26th 2007. Tom Watson a Labour Junior minister wrote a letter to the PM requesting he steps down now. Watson later resigned – Blair said i was going to sack him anyway. Since then 6 more Junior ministers have quit.

Cameron said that the PM is now a Lame-Duck and the Labour party is in meltdown.

Sky News as been pretty much in blanket coverage mode today, very little on other news stories..
    Jeremy Thompson presented Live at Five from College Green. Joey Jones is based at Millbank, obviously covering for Jon Craig.

Breaking News on Sky News at Ten: “Tony Blair will make an announcement on his future tomorrow”

#32282 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

I think that Tony Blair should stand down with immediate effect, as policies and the welfare of the country seems to be playing second fiddle to the whole leadership saga.

I would like to see Alan Johnson succeed him, he is quite a likeable character and has done a good job with his Education and Skills posting. I would consider moving from a conservative voter to Labour, if he did gain the leadership. But, out of the people who may stand Gordon Brown is most likely to get it, how very unfortunate.

#32283 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

What time will Blair make this announcement does anyone know?

#32284 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Kay presenting Lunchtime Live from Westminster.

#32285 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

sky.dub wrote:What time will Blair make this announcement does anyone know?

Should be between 2 and 3pm

#32286 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Hew Edwards presenting on BBC News 24.

#32287 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Julie Etchingham now presenting live from Westminster.

#32288 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I saw the news coverage this morning at 7:30 a.m. It was presented by Huw Edwards and Nick Robson. When Paul Martin was prime minister over here in Canada people from other parties said that he should step down. Well that happened when the conservative party got in, and Paul Martin stepped down as the Libreal leader. As for Tony Blair I think that he should step down next year, and let someone else have a go. I think all his troubles started happening when he decided to go to war with the Americans to invade Iraq. I don’t mind Tony Blair at all. It’s his decision to step down not those of his party or other people for that matter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Tony Blair – How long will he last?
Your information: