Top of the hour

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Top of the hour

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  fishcakes 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth
    Participant
    #17231 Reply

Elizabeth
    Participant

at both 21:00 and 22:00 this evening it was announced “Sky News with Emma Crosby and Steve Dixon” not “Sky News with Steve Dixon and Emma Crosby”

#17232 Reply

AJ
    Participant

I don’t think that there is aspecific way that they announce the newsreaders.

#17233 Reply

Elizabeth
    Participant

until now at the top of the hour the male anchor has always been annouced first

#17234 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Perhaps because E in Emma is before in the alphabet than S in Steve??

#17235 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Elizabeth is right on this one, I think. I can only ever remember male anchor followed by female.

#17236 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Elizabeth is right on this one, I think. I can only ever remember male anchor followed by female.

First time for everything

#17237 Reply

SkyFanIreland
    Participant

until now at the top of the hour the male anchor has always been annouced first

I can certainly remember occasions in the past year or so when both Juliette Foster and Viv Creegor have had their names announced before their male co-anchor…

I can also remember back to the days of Selina Scott on Live at Five and she had her name on first.

#17238 Reply

sea monkey
    Participant

crikey, how much do you lot watch to notice what order they say the names in? what’s wrong with saying the woman’s name first? this I do not understand

#17239 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Yes, this is by no means the first time this has happened. I noticed it too, but I didn’t really have a problem with it. One thing I was certain of, though, is that there would be a thread here about it

#17240 Reply

four pints
    Participant

today at 11:00am, Julie Etchingham was announced before Martin

#17241 Reply

fishcakes
    Participant

Maybe they are trying to be PC and are introducing gender equality.

Go Sky!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Top of the hour
Your information: