TV Newsroom

Forums Forums TV Newsroom TV Newsroom

This topic contains 85 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 86 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #25922 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Hello Members,

Me and my staff will start working on version 3 of The Sky News Centre very soon, and once again we want your feedback. (i.e forum control, new sections, better navigation, etc)

You can post your idea’s in this forum, or you can contact me via the private message system.

Thanks in advance,
    Johnnie

#25923 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

although i do personally like redesigns, i think the amount of content is the main thing. and there, you’ve never gone wrong! all the best.

#25924 Reply

slinden
    Participant

Maybe if you could get more video of Sky News, more from when stories have broken ect

#25925 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

JUST MORE PICS, please !

#25926 Reply

mainhill
    Participant

Updated bios and profiles, whenever possible will be a priority for me. And more faces from the past – those who left Sky, and old pics of those who is on Sky. Otherwise it is marvellous as it is.

#25927 Reply

scottish
    Participant

I always like your features on special events (e.g. the Election) which shows which Sky News reporters have covered the story from a specific location, combined with screen captures of the coverage.

Keep up the great work Johnnie!

#25928 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

More info on past presenters and old sets etc would be good, but other than that everything’s great!

#25929 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

scottish+Jul 19 2005, 12:50 PM–>(scottish @ Jul 19 2005, 12:50 PM)
    I always like your features on special events (e.g. the Election) which shows which Sky News reporters have covered the story from a specific location, combined with screen captures of the coverage.

Keep up the great work Johnnie!

Yes, I enjoy working that part of the site, its good looking back on them..
    Thanks for the comments.

How about the re-branding of the forums. They’re currently called the Sky News Forum, but they’re also a place to discuss Sky Sports and Five News.

Do you think it maybe an idea to drop the Sky News branding (names, Colours, ETC) and re-design with a more neutral look that covers all news networks. not just Sky News.

We’re planning to drop the TV and Radio forum as well as the Photo Caption forums, they are hardly used, and don’t seem to have any future.

Your Views?

#25930 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Sounds good Johnnie.

What about more info on the relaunch site- any further developments on new names and fixtures on evening slot line ups? Glimpses of new set, titles, colour scheme, theme music and formats etc?

Will the new look site coincide with the proposed September relaunch. Do you know if this will be 12th September – as rumoured?

#25931 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

Not sure I like the forum without the red…..

Is it a perminant thing, suppose I’ll get used to it :huh:

#25932 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Yes it is, I’ll explain in a few days time.

#25933 Reply

geordieboi
    Participant

must say i quite like it. the blue and black work well together. i like it johnnie.

#25934 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Ive noticed that the SKY NEWS CENTRE or SKY NEWS FORUM logos are not appearing anymore, and the address for the forums is just newsforums.co.uk please dont change SKY NEWS CENTRE into just news centre, its one of the few sky news sites around, dont let it go. Whats going on then Johnnie? Are you getting rid of the SKY NEWS brand from your site?

#25935 Reply

AJ
    Participant

The changes that are being made now are important for the future of the site.

More info will be revealed soon – don’t worry!!

#25936 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

What’s with the change of URL to http://newsforums.co.uk ???

I note http://skynewscentre.co.cuk works too – sometimes – but eventually en-dup to the new URL above ?

Intended to make the forums more open to all – not just Sky ?

Ta, Phae.

#25937 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

We’re no longer making Version 3 of Sky News Centre…. Because:

Sky News Centre has run into a little bit of bother, Members of the press are mistaking the website as an official website, apart of BskyB.

To put an end to this confusion I’m going to take the website down and remove the http://www.skynewscentre.co.uk domain name.

Me and my team will revamp the site, with a new design, more News channels and a new domain. you’ll be able to track the progress of the website via our forums at http://www.newsforums.co.uk

I’ll be closing the current site on Friday Night, the forums will remain open.

So, from Sky News Centre, its thank you and goodbye..

#25938 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Johnnie+Aug 11 2005, 12:05 AM–>(Johnnie @ Aug 11 2005, 12:05 AM)
    We’re no longer making Version 3 of Sky News Centre…. Because:

Sky News Centre has run into a little bit of bother, Members of the press are mistaking the website as an official website, apart of BskyB.

To put an end to this confusion I’m going to take the website down and remove the http://www.skynewscentre.co.uk domain name.

Me and my team will revamp the site, with a new design, more News channels and a new domain. you’ll be able to track the progress of the website via our forums at http://www.newsforums.co.uk

I’ll be closing the current site on Friday Night, the forums will remain open.

So, from Sky News Centre, its thank you and goodbye..

#25939 Reply

Sky Lad
    Participant

But there are other sites/forums to discuss all the news channels. The appeal of this one was it was just mainly for Sky.

Shame it’s going but sure the new site will be just as good

#25940 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

The press are right idiots – they could have always checked. You should name and shame the guilty ones lol.

#25941 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

This is one of the only SKY News Fan sites… its sad to see it go… but looking forward to the new “News Centre” ????

#25942 Reply

gillw
    Participant

I don’t believe the press are that stupid! I think Sky has told Johnnie to talk the site down immediately….. shame

EDIT: Have Sky bought the skynewscentre domain from you Johnnie?

#25943 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

No they haven’t…
    I’ll probably keep the domain (offline) Its a good domain, 79,009 hits in July.

#25944 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

gillw+Aug 11 2005, 12:29 PM–>(gillw @ Aug 11 2005, 12:29 PM)
    I don’t believe the press are that stupid! I think Sky has told Johnnie to talk the site down immediately….. shame

EDIT: Have Sky bought the skynewscentre domain from you Johnnie?

No Johnnie’s right. Media Guardian frequently quoted Sky News Centre’s url as the official Sky site, linked to pictures of the presenters, and quoted comments found on this forum. All very strange considering that it was signposted as an unofficial website.

#25945 Reply

charliefhead
    Participant

For me it would be up to date pics and bios of all the presenters. Otherwise love the site and the forums

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 86 total)
Reply To: TV Newsroom
Your information: