UK VIEWERS CAN WATCH SKY NEWS IRELAND LIVE TONIGHT BY…….

Forums Forums TV Newsroom UK VIEWERS CAN WATCH SKY NEWS IRELAND LIVE TONIGHT BY…….

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dublin
    Participant
    #16726 Reply

Dublin
    Participant

Unforuntaley for UK viewers of Sky News you will not be able to see the news from Ireland live tonight, but never fear because there is a way you can watch it.

For Sky Digital Viewers

press Services

press 4

press 4 (again)

Enter the following code in the boxs on the screen:

Frequency 12.207,

Polarisation V,

Symbol Rate 27.5,

FEC 2/3,

Find Channels.

Other Satelite Recivers

It is available on any digital satellite receiver capable of recieving the above PID’s and pointing at 28.2 degrees

Hope this helps.

Bye

#16727 Reply

Steven
    Participant

Hope this helps.

Bye

That’s grand.

#16728 Reply

philg
    Participant

Sorry, never added a channel before. Having typed all that in, it says Channels found, so I clicked on Sky News Eire. It then says done, but where does the channel go? How do I then watch Sky News Eire? Does it go into a certain channel in the EPG? Sorry if I’m missing something obvious ….

Cheers

#16729 Reply

derek500
    Participant

Press Services and Other Channels

#16730 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Eire please we do have a name…Republic of Ireland..preferably IRELAND!

#16731 Reply

Steven
    Participant

In fairness, when you do this, as I did, it does actually say Sky News Eire on the EPG

#16732 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

My digital receiver can’t seem to find anything, and now I seem to have erased something about frequenct in the system setup menu (all channels work fine though……) Is there no way to watch these bulletins without finding the channel on the digibox?

#16733 Reply

AJ
    Participant

The only other way to watch it is through Sky News Active – although the picture quality isn’t that great unfortunately.

#16734 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Isn’t it kind of weird to have two half hours looping all night!? (on the channel I’m supposed to be able to receive).

Also. Does this mean that the usual Sky News channel has lost Lisa Burke forever!?

#16735 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

This is for the news room in Dublin who got a little confused?? Ie Baz The name of the Irish State as laid out in Buncrana Na HEireann in both Irish and English is Eire and Ireland. The Republic of Ireland act was passed in 1949 but this did not change the name of the state to the Republic of Ireland. Any such name change would have to go to a vote to the Irish people as it would change Buncrana Na HEireann . It was felt that the title Republic of Ireland : An Phoblacht Na HEireann should not be used untill Ireland is untied!

#16736 Reply

newshound_ie
    Participant

[quote=” It was felt that the title Republic of Ireland : An Phoblacht Na HEireann should not be used untill Ireland is untied!”

Unfortunate typo there, I think? Assume you meant ‘united ‘

#16737 Reply

DonnieDarko
    Participant

Sheesh, kinda of PMT’ish aren’t you Baz?? EIRE, I believe is a legitimate name for this country, and even if it isn’t we all know exactly what he meant. SKY NEWS IRELAND works fine for me

#16738 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Unforuntaley for UK viewers of Sky News you will not be able to see the news from Ireland live tonight, but never fear because there is a way you can watch it.

For Sky Digital Viewers

press Services

press 4

press 4 (again)

Enter the following code in the boxs on the screen:

Frequency 12.207,

Polarisation V,

Symbol Rate 27.5,

FEC 2/3,

Find Channels.

Other Satelite Recivers

It is available on any digital satellite receiver capable of recieving the above PID’s and pointing at 28.2 degrees

Hope this helps.

Bye

Thanks for stealing my post from elsewhere on this forum

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: UK VIEWERS CAN WATCH SKY NEWS IRELAND LIVE TONIGHT BY…….
Your information: