Unibond Premier Play-Offs

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Unibond Premier Play-Offs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Moxey 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

burscobilly
    Participant
    #24899 Reply

burscobilly
    Participant

They’ve done it again, following appeals from certain clubs, the FA have intervened in the Unibond League Management Committee’s decision to expunge the 33 results of Spennymoor United due to unplayed fixtures. The LMC had correctly followed League rules ‘ any club not fulfilling all fixtures will have their playing record expunged ‘ The FA, have overturned this decision and not only reinstated the reults of Spennymoor but have also awarded 3 points to the opposition in any unplayed fixture. This not only removes Farsley Celtic from the automatic promotion place but also removes my club Burscough from the play-offs, due to start today. As a result of this disgraceful decision, Farsley & Burscough boards have joined forces to place an injunction on the FA. As an immediate result, the playoffs planned for today have been put back until next Saturday at the earliest. This delay alone causes problems with additional wage bills and players going on holiday etc. I would like to hear the views of other supporters from all levels of football as well as your studio experts. The way in which the FA have handled this whole sorry affair defies belief.

#24900 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Never be surprised at the actions of the farcical FA……

What little credibility they ever had was lost completely when they ‘bottled out’, during the late eighties, of charging Liverpool FC for failing to control their fans in the Heysel & Hillsborough disasters.
    Similar charges – when no one died – were laid against Luton FC & Millwall FC during that era.

All major sports in Britain (Soccer, Cricket, Racing, Tennis, Golf) have always had the millstone around their respective necks of misguided management by out of touch amateurs – often with cynical motives, inherent with their status.

Best of luck with your appeals against an apparent injustice.

#24901 Reply

Ste
    Participant

rob237+May 9 2005, 11:29 AM–>(rob237 @ May 9 2005, 11:29 AM)
    What little credibility they ever had was lost completely when they ‘bottled out’, during the late eighties, of charging Liverpool FC for failing to control their fans in the Heysel & Hillsborough disasters.

Perhaps you should visit
    http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

“The disaster has been the subject of various enquiries in the UK, and the British Judicial system has consistently found that violence or hooliganism played no part whatsoever in the disaster. Indeed the major inquiry into the disaster The Lord Justice Taylor report found that “The main cause of the Disaster was the breakdown of police control”.”

#24902 Reply

rob237
    Participant

I had the great misfortune to attend the tragic game, as a neutral, without any axe to grind.

Frankly, this ‘police’ whitewash doesn’t wash with me…….

The sight, on my way to the ground, of drunken Scousers gathering – past 14.40 – outside the stadium and the recollection of Liverpool ‘fans’ striding over their dead and dying compatriots on the pitch whilst en route to the Kop, in order to challenge Forest supporters down for a fight are images that I’ll take to my grave.

Don’t quote the Taylor Report to me, or any neutrals that were present, there’s a good lad…..ta.

#24903 Reply

Moxey
    Participant

Rob237 you are a complete & utter W*****

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT ABOUT HILLSBROUGH FIRST

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Unibond Premier Play-Offs
Your information: