Using younger presenters more

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Using younger presenters more

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hello 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Robbbo
    Participant
    #16450 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

Anyone else think that sky news uses the older presenters too much – David Foster, Allan King. They are good presenters but they are on air far too much. The younger presenters – Martin Popplewell etc are a refreshing change and I would imagine appeal more to younger viewers. Chris Rogers, Alison Bell, Michael Watkins were all underused and have now left Sky

#16451 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

Robbo I could not agree more.

Steve Dixon,Emma Crosby,Sarah Lockett-it would be great to see more of them plus MPopplewell.

Vivienne,Kay,Alan,David are great but the others would indeed make a refreshing change– also i think Juliette Foster,Chris Roberts,Lorna,Sheila Jansen and Paula Middlehurst and lisa aziz are really really great but change shifts and stop having everyone on the same thing.

#16452 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Its usually a question of who can command the most authority when delivering the news. Young news presenters like Emma Crosby are perfectly capable, but most news organisation still think age equals more credibility and so more authority. Sky is however more inclined to use presenters under 30 than News 24 has done. I think Jane Hill is the only News 24 presenter who started in her mid 20?s. Pairing a young presenter with an older one is usually the best combination. E.g. Kay and Chris Rogers in 2001.

Also completely off topic, anyone think Juliet Foster wears way too much BLING! She could model for Tiffany’s lol

#16453 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

anyone think Juliet Foster wears way too much BLING!

I think the bling she wears suits her with her skin colour and tone.Also,I think that she is always really fresh looking and her clothes are interesting and immaculately exuberant(unlike Viviennes,Lornas and Kays dreary outfits)

Juliette Foster is an excellently immaculately brilliantly professional and friendly newscaster and she really is suited to Sky.

#16454 Reply

Hello
    Participant

As long as they do their job properly I don’t really care how old or young they are!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Using younger presenters more
Your information: