Vatican Confirms Pope Taken To Hospital

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Vatican Confirms Pope Taken To Hospital

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Byrne 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kev667
    Participant
    #23373 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Sky’s Victoria Brannigan is in Rome reporting on the latest.

Alistair Bruce is live on the phone.

A source says it was a ‘breathing emergency’. Rushed to hospital at 10pm.

#23374 Reply

kev667
    Participant

Vatican denies Pope has been put on life support. Sky are viewing a live camera outside the hospital.

Just as an aside, they used (I think) a new graphic earlier too – a large red bar above the screen indicatation the name of commentators voice. I just don’t think I’ve seen it before.. anyone?
    ta
    kev

#23375 Reply

AJ
    Participant

kevinjs667+Feb 2 2005, 12:07 AM–>(kevinjs667 @ Feb 2 2005, 12:07 AM)
    Vatican denies Pope has been put on life support. Sky are viewing a live camera outside the hospital.

Just as an aside, they used (I think) a new graphic earlier too – a large red bar above the screen indicatation the name of commentators voice. I just don’t think I’ve seen it before.. anyone?
    ta
    kev

No – that’s not a new graphic. It’s been around since the 2001 relaunch, and was initially used for when people were talking on the phone.

#23376 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Is the Pope allowed to resign? Whoohoo, imagine the politicking going on right now in the Vatican to choose the new Big Guy.
    Has anyone here visited the Vatican’s website? I read in the FT once that there’s a nun who knows as much I.T. speak as any of you lot, who hangs out in a small downstairs office running the popesite…www.pope.vat?! (sounds taxable, but possibly better than http://www.pope.it?! ). I just wondered if anyone had visited it.

omg just looked at the screen graphic – WHY do Snuk (et al) always drag in some GP “expert” to opine on the health of someone they haven’t been anywhere near?!

#23377 Reply

Lindsay
    Participant

eagleeye+Feb 2 2005, 08:31 PM–>(eagleeye @ Feb 2 2005, 08:31 PM)
    Has anyone here visited the Vatican’s website? I read in the FT once that there’s a nun who knows as much I.T. speak as any of you lot, who hangs out in a small downstairs office running the popesite…www.pope.vat?! (sounds taxable, but possibly better than http://www.pope.it?! ). I just wondered if anyone had visited it.

The site is at http://www.vatican.va, va is used and not it as Vatican City is a Nation State. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Northern Ireland are not nation states and so do not have top levels domains and use the .uk domain.

#23378 Reply

Mr Byrne
    Participant

Is the Pope allowed to resign?

I believe he once said something around the lines of , god will decide my retirement. So, I don’t think he’ll resign. However, I believe his successor will be Italian, more than likely.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Vatican Confirms Pope Taken To Hospital
Your information: