Video released of Alan Johnston

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Video released of Alan Johnston

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lone 10 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lone
    Participant
    #34808 Reply

Lone
    Participant

I know some reaction has been mixed but personally I think it’s fantastic news, both to see that he is well and that this may well be a sign of his release. Latest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 710863.stm

#34809 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I saw the video tape on both Cbc and the BBC that day. I’m so surprised that Alan’s captures have treated him well. You don’t really hear that anyone is treated well.

#34810 Reply

Lone
    Participant

bbc World Fan wrote:I saw the video tape on both Cbc and the BBC that day. I’m so surprised that Alan’s captures have treated him well. You don’t really hear that anyone is treated well.

Well actually, everyone who has been kidnapped in Gaza has been treated well, and all have been released unharmed. Add to the fact that Alan is well known as someone who wants the Palestinian voice to be heard, no one, not even his captors would want to bring harm to him. He has a lot of respect, both in Gaza and around the world.

#34811 Reply

Lone
    Participant

Despite the what’s been happening in Gaza lately there seems to be the best chance for Alan’s release now, as Hamas has taken over and are taking a no BS approach and want him released. Might hopefully see his release very soon.

#34812 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I saw on the news with Peter Dobbie about a new Hamas video saying that the BBC hasn’t met their demands, and they might kill Alan if their not met. I really hope that he isn’t killed. That place is in such a ruck since Alans been kidnapped. It is so sad about the on going problems facing the Gaza Strip. Does the BBC have someone is Gaza? I know Kim Ghatta’s is reporting somewhere around there.

Free Alan.

#34813 Reply

Lone
    Participant

Hamas aren’t holding Alan, in fact two days ago they made a pledge to have him freed as soon as possible.

Katya Adler, Orla Guerin and Caroline Hawley are names that regularly report from occupied Palestinian territories, but they’re largely based in the West Bank.

#34814 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

I was just watching the news this morning, and I saw a new video released of Alan wearing explosives around his waist. I hope that Hamas won’t do antything stupid.

#34815 Reply

Lone
    Participant

Yes, unfortunately for Alan the saga continues. I think the reason for this video was, as Alan alluded to, that Hamas have been talking very tough and hinting at possible military intervention to secure Alan’s release. Alan’s captors, the Dogmush clan, are pretty desperate because time is ticking away for them. Alan is the only thing preventing them from being wiped out by Hamas, so they are trying to use and exploit Alan for as long as they can.

Hamas have, thankfully, talked down the possibility of any military action.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Video released of Alan Johnston
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register