Videowall overnight

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Videowall overnight

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Glenn 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Glenn
    Participant
    #25883 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

I noticed in the early days of Sky World News that the presenter was in the overnight position (different angled camera) between 1am and 3.59am, and then reverting to the normal camera angle for World News.

This week however the presenters have stuck to the main camera at all times. I wonder if this is permanent because I think it looks better to be honest.

#25884 Reply

slinden
    Participant

I think SKY NEWS programmes need seperate studios, i hear that is coming in September though. Does ne one have ne images or video of Sky News World

#25885 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #25886 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Why does it need a sererate studio? All you would have is two studios, one with nobody in it for 18 hours of the day and a second vacated for 6 hours. On the basis of sheer economical reasons that is pretty stupid :blink:

#25887 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I think he means that different Sky News programmes should have different styles of presentation rather than all coming from the same set.

#25888 Reply

DDP
    Participant

I can only take it from the horse’s mouth HB, nothing about styles.

I think SKY NEWS programmes need seperate studios, i hear that is coming in September though.

#25889 Reply

gillw
    Participant

Glenn+Jul 16 2005, 09:30 PM–>(Glenn @ Jul 16 2005, 09:30 PM)
    I noticed in the early days of Sky World News that the presenter was in the overnight position (different angled camera) between 1am and 3.59am, and then reverting to the normal camera angle for World News.

This week however the presenters have stuck to the main camera at all times. I wonder if this is permanent because I think it looks better to be honest.

I think they used to use the different camera angle, because they used to record and replay back the news overnight. For example, they would record the 12am -1am news and then reply it back 1am-2am etc. The camera angle was narrowed as to not have the same people walking through the shot at the same time each hour etc.. I have also looked at the shot of the newsroom on the active screen overnight and the newswall seemed to be mostly off overnight.

#25890 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The overnight is not recorded, It was a few years ago when they were working on the roof, but not anymore.

The studio and gallery is normally empty between 1230-0100, the CBS evening news is played out from TX. So they don’t record the news from 1200-0100.

The main reason for the side shot on the overnight is so they can turn off and reset the newswall.

#25891 Reply

RobUK
    Participant

I though it was also to prevent the newswall ‘wearing out’ eg if it was in use 24/7 since the last relaunch they would have to have replaced it by now, but since sky news have a new studio on the way the newswall can be used all the time?

#25892 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Johnnie+Jul 19 2005, 02:11 PM–>(Johnnie @ Jul 19 2005, 02:11 PM)
    The main reason for the side shot on the overnight is so they can turn off and reset the newswall.

They don’t seem to be doing that anymore now. Since last Monday at least (to my knowledge) they’ve stuck to the main camera, with the videowall on during the overnight. I know when Sky World News began a few weeks ago they must’ve had the videowall off between 1am and 4am, but now the videowall seems to be on 24/7. :huh:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Videowall overnight
Your information: