Viewers put off by BBC presenter's psychedelic blouse

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom Viewers put off by BBC presenter's psychedelic blouse

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Framescourer 11 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #30270 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

The BBC Breakfast presenter Kate Silverton had to apologise for wearing an outfit which put viewers off their cornflakes.

She appeared on the sofa yesterday in a green and yellow psychedelic blouse with a matching scarf. Viewers contacted the BBC switchboard to complain.

The presenter said: “My blouse has divided opinion. I apologise if it has made you turn down the contrast on your set.

More here

[attachmentid=283]

Image credit: http://www.Makingthenews.org.uk

#30271 Reply

dustymoo
    Participant

HAHAHA! That is really funny! I too saw that shirt and didnt think much of it at the time? But i thought it was cool. Good on ya Kate! It just looks like some people have too much time on their hands? Erm, like me, probably?

#30272 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

So, it was bright. So what? Kate Silverton is a great presenter and it was good to see her wearing something other than the presenter’s ‘uniform’.

#30273 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

DaveGCI wrote:So, it was bright. So what? Kate Silverton is a great presenter and it was good to see her wearing something other than the presenter’s ‘uniform’.

It was bright , just too bright. I like paisley patterns but not in those colours.
    I think presenters should have a bit of slack with clothes and that includes the men too.
    Shows that have a light news feel like breakfast could let the presenters be more casual as long as they don’t make fashion mishaps like that.

#30274 Reply

Framescourer
    Participant

Simon McCoy got hold of a report in today’s Independent about Kate’s engagment as Ascot fashion critic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Viewers put off by BBC presenter's psychedelic blouse
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register