Viv

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Viv

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dirkyt 12 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

sky.dub
    Participant
    #26266 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

Apparently there is no place for Vivean in the Sky relaunch. Is she leaving? or perhaps she is moving to Lisa’s old home at the weekends? They can’t get rid of one of the first faces of Sky News…can they? Anyone out there know the answer?

#26267 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

sky.dub+Aug 5 2005, 10:53 PM–>(sky.dub @ Aug 5 2005, 10:53 PM)
    Apparently there is no place for Vivean in the Sky relaunch.

According to who? I don’t think Sky have released their full line-up yet have they?

#26268 Reply

HBox
    Participant

We shouldn’t jump to any conclusions, as said Sky havn’t released full schedule line up yet, therefor any information we get at the moment other than the official statements from Sky is all conjecture.

#26269 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

I cant believe Viv would have been sacked. She is one of the best they have.

#26270 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Robbbo+Aug 6 2005, 05:30 PM–>(Robbbo @ Aug 6 2005, 05:30 PM)
    I cant believe Viv would have been sacked. She is one of the best they have.

Agreed, she’s a good stalwart presenter.

#26271 Reply

sky.dub
    Participant

She has definitley been demoted which is sad because she is sort a of icon of Sky News.

#26272 Reply

NEWSBOY2
    Participant

Demoted yet co-presenting Live at Five most days this week. Makes no sense. I reakon the bosses are culling the female staff just for the sake of it. I can’t help thinking that Liza Aziz jumped before she was pushed.

#26273 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

I am NOT HAPPY with all this. I am a huge fan of veteran presenters and the ultimate SKY News presenter to me is not Kay but Viv Creegor. She is still a great newscaster today.

Who knows – Jordan and Jodie Marsh may be presenting Live at Five in ten years??

But I do urge calm – as there does tend to be no guarantee that this chatter is factual. The news that Lisa Aziz was leaving was very sketchy to begin with.

#26274 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Hypathetical conjecture. Viv has taken a less active role for a few years now, this may be her choice, it may not. We don’t know. As for being demoted, doubtful. And pushing Lisa out is jst obsurd. If Lisa was going to leave for anything other than personal reasons, she more likely would have gone to BBC News 24 or ITV in London somewhere. Not Bristol local news.

#26275 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

HBox+Aug 6 2005, 10:16 PM–>(HBox @ Aug 6 2005, 10:16 PM)
    Hypathetical conjecture. Viv has taken a less active role for a few years now, this may be her choice, it may not. We don’t know. As for being demoted, doubtful. And pushing Lisa out is jst obsurd. If Lisa was going to leave for anything other than personal reasons, she more likely would have gone to BBC News 24 or ITV in London somewhere. Not Bristol local news.

Empatically – COULD NOT HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF!!!

#26276 Reply

Glenn
    Participant

Viv’s been on quite a bit recently. I saw her on the 4pm-midnight shift yesterday (Sunday).

#26277 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Viv is on Live @ 5 today with JT maybe she isn’t leaving, great news!

#26278 Reply

HBox
    Participant

jonn0boy+Aug 24 2005, 05:50 PM–>(jonn0boy @ Aug 24 2005, 05:50 PM)
    Viv is on Live @ 5 today with JT maybe she isn’t leaving, great news!

Whoever thought she was in the first place had no fact to validate their claim.

#26279 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Yes agreed HBox – this was an ‘unofficial’ relaunch SKY Newscentre site which stated that Paula, Viv and Sheila would ‘not’ be part of the relaunch.

For some reason it is no longer in use <_ <

Yet the word ‘unofficial’ sums this up. Johnnie did say on this site that nothing was factual – just speculation. I just wonder why this would be rumoured in the first place. Sheila maybe (as she is hardly on SKY News now) but Paula and Viv are regular newsreaders with SKY.

We will just have to wait (I stress wait) and see what happens at the relaunch itself – if it ever takes place that is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Viv
Your information: