What Has Not Been Reported

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom What Has Not Been Reported

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Phyllis Gil-Ad
    Participant
    #22170 Reply

Phyllis Gil-Ad
    Participant

All major media outlets ignore Israel’s massive humanitarian aid to South Asia – an indication of a national ethos of caring.

When disaster strikes anywhere in the world, Israelis can be counted on to help. So it’s no surprise that within hours of the devastating tsunami in the Indian Ocean, the following humanitarian missions all departed from the tiny Jewish state:

● The Israeli organization Latet (‘To Give’) filled a jumbo jet with 18 tons of supplies.

● A medical team headed by four doctors from Jerusalem’s Hadassah Hospital arrived in Sri Lanka on Monday night (Dec. 27), carrying medicine and baby food. The doctors specialize in rescue operations, trauma and pediatrics.

● An IDF rescue team is now on its way to Sri Lanka with 80 tons of aid material, including 10,000 blankets, tents, nylon sheeting and water containers, all contributed by the IDF.

● A ZAKA rescue-and-recovery team arrived in the disaster areas Monday night, armed with its specialized equipment for identifying bodies.

● A Health Ministry contingent left for Thailand on Monday night to aid in rescue efforts. The group includes doctors, nurses and four members of the IDF.

● Israel has also offered its assistance to India ― a search-and-rescue team from the Home Front Command, as well as consignments of food and medicine.

Yet, with the exception of UPI (as of this writing – Tues. 4pm EST), none of the major news outlets have dedicated an article to this remarkable Israeli humanitarian effort. This, despite the fact that the IDF sent all Israel-based journalists a press release Monday evening (Dec. 27), inviting them to the airport to cover the departure of one IDF group.

This is all the more surprising given the fact that the major news agencies have entire teams of reporters in Israel, who submit at least one ‘Israel-article’ each day.

#22171 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Sky News mentioned Israel as part of a list of countries helping yesterday. Although you are correct that a more detailed report was not shown, but this is the case with most countries efforts.

#22172 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

How about doing the same for some of the Palestinian towns the army routinely blows to pieces?

#22173 Reply

samico
    Participant

Kristian+Dec 31 2004, 11:18 AM–>(Kristian @ Dec 31 2004, 11:18 AM)
    How about doing the same for some of the Palestinian towns the army routinely blows to pieces?

But they deal with one of the worst terrorism in the world ( preventing suicide bombers ) .

#22174 Reply

Aztech500
    Participant

What about the two jewish children stoned to death by an arab mob, or doesn’t that count. The problem with Britain today and much of Europe is that it’s very anti semitic; I am beginning to wonder whether we have been transported back to the 1930’s.

#22175 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

How is Britain anti-semitic?

#22176 Reply

backload
    Participant

daved2424+Jan 3 2005, 12:26 AM–>(daved2424 @ Jan 3 2005, 12:26 AM)
    How is Britain anti-semitic?

They don’t like Arabs or Jews; it’s an even handed thing….

#22177 Reply

lakewood
    Participant

Here we go again the same old argument that Europe is anti-semetic. It is thrown out whenever there is criticism of israel but it no longer has the shock/shame factor as it may have had with a post second world war generation. Europe is not – in general – antisemetic. There are some recidivists who still are. The current generation can distinguish between a racist argument and a humanitarian argument and the view is – in my opinion – is that Israel – granted it is subjected to tremendous aggression – is maintaining an apartheid system, specifically under the present government led by sharon and it will get worse under a more right wing Likud party. The present generation in europe can see that there is injustice being done to the Palestinians – and there is a hint that now that the worlds eye is turned to Asia and the devastation there – there will be an opportunity for the Israeli army to carry out more raids into Gaza and Palestine without being noticed. So please don’t call us anti-semetic – It is not antisemetic to disagree with your policies – we dont disagree with your right to live as a race or as a religion – We just ask for justice for both Israel and for Palestine and Israel holds the key to it.
    I think that to call someone antisemetic is equivalent to the Samuel Johnson saying that we have that patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

#22178 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

To say Britain is anti-semitic is disgusting and insulting. France has a greater anti-semitic movement/feeling than Britain does, but I wouldn’t call France anti-semitic just because of a few biggoted racisits. The problem quite often occurs when people, whether they be semites or not, go around shouting off that an entire country is anti-semitic. The same applies to other cultures.

Because I am British, does that mean I’m an anti-semite and hate Arabs? Or perhaps the fact that I have Jewish and Arab friends and often holiday to places like Morocco to embrace the supurb culture that I am infact quite the opposite.

For someone to generalise that an entire nation is racist, is infact racism, and blatent hypocrisy.

#22179 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Have you never watched TV, read a newspaper, listened to the radio? Sly interjections of sound bite kant are hardly called for here! :ph34r:

#22180 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Aztech500+Jan 2 2005, 11:52 PM–>(Aztech500 @ Jan 2 2005, 11:52 PM)
    What about the two jewish children stoned to death by an arab mob, or doesn’t that count. The problem with Britain today and much of Europe is that it’s very anti semitic; I am beginning to wonder whether we have been transported back to the 1930’s.

As a Jew I have to inform you that from my standpoint you are talking arrant nonsense, and if you are a Jew too then I suggest you grow a skin quickly! Never mistake anti-Israeli feeling for anti-semitism in general.:ph34r:

#22181 Reply

samico
    Participant

Zed+Jan 3 2005, 07:07 PM–>(Zed @ Jan 3 2005, 07:07 PM)

Instead of arguing and counter arguing , here are some statistics :
    From the begining of the recent Intifada 1,025 had been killed in Israel and 5,735 had been wounded . Israeli population is 6,700,00, while English is about 61,000,000 . What would the British government react if British casualties in the Irish conflict will cause 9,300 dead and 52,000 wounded in 4 years ?

Just in 2004 there 1,231 mortals and 309 Kassam missiles were sent toward Israel . 365 suicide bombers were arrested before carrying out their plans .

I am quoting from a Friday sermon on Palestinian Authority TV:

BEGINNING OF QUOTATION
    We are convinced of the [future] victory of Allah; we believe that one of these days, we will enter Jerusalem as conquerors, enter Jaffa as conquerors, enter Haifa as conquerors, enter Ramle and Lod as conquerors, the [villages of] Hirbiya and Dir Jerjis and all of Palestine as conquerors, as Allah has decree
    “Anyone who does not attain martyrdom in these days should wake in the middle of the night and say: ‘My God, why have you deprived me of martyrdom for your sake? For the martyr lives next to Allah'”

“Our enemies suffer now more than we do. Why? Because we are convinced that our dead go to Paradise, while the dead of the Jews go to Hell, to a cruel fate. So we stand firm and steadfast, in obedience to Allah”

“The Jews await the false Jewish messiah, while we await, with Allah’s help the Mahdi and Jesus, peace be upon him. Jesus’s pure hands will murder the false Jewish messiah. Where? In the city of Lod, in Palestine. Palestine will be, as it was in the past, a graveyard for the invaders just as it was a graveyard for the Tatars and to the Crusader invaders, [and for the invaders] of the old and new colonialism”

“A reliable Hadith [tradition] says: ‘The Jews will fight you, but you will be set to rule over them.’ What could be more beautiful than this tradition? ‘The Jews will fight you’ that is, the Jews have begun to fight us. ‘You will be set to rule over them’ Who will set the Muslim to rule over the Jew? Allah Until the Jew hides behind the rock and the tree.”

“But the rock and tree will say: ‘Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, a Jew hides behind me, come and kill him.’
    “We believe in this Hadith. We are convinced also that this Hadith heralds the spread of Islam and its rule over all the land”

“Oh beloved, look to the East of the earth, find Japan and the ocean; look to the West of the earth, find [some] country and the ocean. Be assured that these will be owned by the Muslim nation, as the Hadith says ‘from the ocean to the ocean'”

“Oh Allah, accept our martyrs in the highest heavens”

“Oh Allah, show the Jews a black day”

“Oh Allah, annihilate the Jews and their supporters”

“Oh Allah, raise the flag of Jihad across the land”
    END OF QUOTATION

What is your idea to this educational system ?

——————————————————————————–

#22182 Reply

backload
    Participant

What is your idea to this educational system ?

If the IDF left EVERY Hard Disk in EVERY Personal Computer in the Palestinian Authority Ministry of Education when they took over Ramelah and Arafats Compound – I would say it is a very bad educational approach.

However EVERY Computer Hard Drive was removed and not returned. You don’t need to Break Glass and burn books in the streets or libraries any more; it can be done secretly and in an none too obvious way these days. It would appear that the lessons of the Warsaw Ghetto are being applied to the indigenous inhabitants of the Palestine. What can be the next step after mass reprisals and walling in, use of movement controls. I am surprised Sharon and Co aren’t telling the Palesinians to wear badges.

As to the numbers what ARE you talking about?

There are fewer Palestinians in Israel and yet they have a consistent (if not a direct Government Policy to implement) a 3 to 1 ratio in fatal casualties.

Finally; lets be clear about this, while you attempt to defend the indefensible: I wouldn’t want the IDF in my country if it was in good order never mind after a disaster, let them sort out the disaster they’re imposing on their own backyard.

Just for the record the IDF killed MORE Irish Army Troops than any other army, anywhere, ever; while UNIFIL was patroling and trying to keep the peace in Southern Lebanon. It’s not like the Irish Army doesn’t participate in warzones – having troops on Iran /Iraq border, in Sierra Leone, Kosovo, Cyprus or the Congo.

#22183 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

backload+Jan 5 2005, 01:32 PM–>(backload @ Jan 5 2005, 01:32 PM)

1/ It would appear that the lessons of the Warsaw Ghetto are being applied to the indigenous inhabitants of the Palestine.

2/ I am surprised Sharon and Co aren’t telling the Palesinians to wear badges.

3/ As to the numbers what ARE you talking about?
    There are fewer Palestinians in Israel and yet they have a consistent (if not a direct Government Policy to implement) a 3 to 1 ratio in fatal casualties.

1/ and 2/ are merely there so that you may contemplate what you have written.

3/ needs to be attributed to a source please so that I can see this extraordinary claim for myself!

#22184 Reply

backload
    Participant

Point 3 3 to 1 ratio is reported by B’Tselem (http://www.B'Tselem.org)

from 29th Sep 2000 to end 2004

Palestinian Fatalities: 3,174
    Israeli Fatalities: 940

I am glad you forced me to review the figure because it transpires that in 2004 there was an attrocious 8 to 1 ratio which is simply not the work of any civilised state.

Palestinian Fatalities: 804
    Isreali Fatalities: 107

There is no excuse for this level unless it is to terrorise, supress and obliterate a separate race that was peacefully living in the region for years before it was brutally invaded.

By way of comparison the British Armed Forces in Northern Ireland managed to fight and win a terrorist war without ever approaching this level of barbarity.

#22185 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

backload+Jan 5 2005, 04:23 PM–>(backload @ Jan 5 2005, 04:23 PM)
    Point 3 3 to 1 ratio is reported by B’Tselem (http://www.B'Tselem.org)

from 29th Sep 2000 to end 2004

Palestinian Fatalities: 3,174
    Israeli Fatalities: 940

I am glad you forced me to review the figure because it transpires that in 2004 there was an attrocious 8 to 1 ratio which is simply not the work of any civilised state.

Palestinian Fatalities: 804
    Isreali Fatalities: 107

There is no excuse for this level unless it is to terrorise, supress and obliterate a separate race that was peacefully living in the region for years before it was brutally invaded.

By way of comparison the British Armed Forces in Northern Ireland managed to fight and win a terrorist war without ever approaching this level of barbarity.

Sorry but you had stated that Palestinians in Israel were losing their lives at a three to one ratio, when it seems in fact you are referring to those in Gazza, West Bank etc.

The rest of your post is simply too moronic to contemplate debating. Get a good history book and settle down for a few years of really good study. Then you may just discover what the “Brutal Invasion” of Palestinian lands amounts to in reality, rather than in your inflamed and ignorant mind! No! ’48 is not far enough, go back to 1870 and you might just get a glimpse, but why not go the whole hog and take pot luck with a good study, especially of Arab writers travelling through the region even prior to that and you will see that no INVASION was ever necessary for a people that had never completely left and were as present as any other “people”!!!!

You may also check out the origins of the people today referred to as “Palestinian”. You may be in for a shock, because if 70 percent of them can’t trace their roots beyond migrating toward the growing commercial success of the Jews at the turn of the 20th century then I doubt YOU can furnish them with an answer either!!!

#22186 Reply

backload
    Participant

Sorry but you had stated that Palestinians in Israel were losing their lives at a three to one ratio, when it seems in fact you are referring to those in Gazza, West Bank etc.

If an IDF member dies in Gazza – where do they die?

A foreign country?

No?

A state under the control of a foreign power?

If so, why is this action where an IDF member dies not described as an invasion with an invader dying?

You will agree it is because it IS part of Israel, with in borders internationally unrecognised, this act is in the defacto borders acquired through force of arms.

[I}The rest of your post is simply too moronic to contemplate debating. Get a good history book and settle down for a few years of really good study. Then you may just discover what the “Brutal Invasion” of Palestinian lands amounts to in reality, rather than in your inflamed and ignorant mind! No! ’48 is not far enough, go back to 1870 and you might just get a glimpse, but why not go the whole hog and take pot luck with a good study, especially of Arab writers travelling through the region even prior to that and you will see that no INVASION was ever necessary for a people that had never completely left and were as present as any other “people”!!!! [/I]

I am pleased to note that since my “post is simply too moronic to contemplate debating” you simply you dismiss it.

The sooner you examine critically your own received “History” the quicker you will see Israel for what it is; a land grab.

Same as any other sordid action of any group of people in history a grab for “Living Space”.

You can dismiss the claims of an indigenous people all you wish, but it does not eradicate the fact. Setting up Bantustans, Reservations or Ghettoes is not a solution. One would think any group of intelligent Zionists and historically aware Jews should be more aware of this than anyone on the planet.

I have never come across such astounding hypocracy, blinding statements of stupidity and ignoring the truth of an 8 to 1 ratio of murder in your series of posts demonstrating your willful inaccuracy and blatant racial arrogance.

Any group who savagely kills its neighbours at a rate of 8 to 1 in any conflict should hang their heads in shame while shuting up and accept every critical statement as an opportunity to examine their consciences.

Israel has no special right to continue in a process like this and the sooner it’s citizens realise this, the sooner the death toll will subside for them. The gestures of generosity from the State of Israel will only then be welcomed.

#22187 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

It is clear that you are working to an agenda. I dismiss your posts because you have dismissed reason and fact and are clearly unaware of the way in which modern Israel came into being, or even what it is now.

Prehaps we should start again with you explaining who the Palestinians refugees of today are, and how they came to be exciled from the state of Israel! This time try googling for an author without an axe to grind and your intimate knowledge of the subject may take on a less strident anti-Israeli tone!

#22188 Reply

backload
    Participant

It is clear that you are working to an agenda.

I’m not, but you clearly are. Nor am I bigotted or closed minded.

You can’t answer my principal points; the IDF removed all the hard drives from the Education Ministry in the Palestinian Authority and now Israelis wonder why the Palestinians have a bad education system…

Secondly there is a clear and overwhelming preponderance of savagery on one side over the other, with a 3:1 ratio in fatalities amongst Palestinians and most recently almost 8:1.

The murdurous policy is barbaric and the educational issue a further demonstration of the appalling cynicism of the Isreali establishment to allow it to be perpetrated.

These are issues you should be ashamed of; rather than lecturing people to learn about the history of that shameful State, with its current appalling regime.

Change the regime and others will then be more welcoming.

Open your mind and you’ll see there is a bigger World out there, one in which respecting neighbours grants peace and prosperity.

Indeed, like the Swiss during the Renaissance who supplied mercenaries to the rival city states and principalities in Italy, which were beggared by paying for these troops in those wars.

#22189 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

backload+Jan 9 2005, 12:08 AM–>(backload @ Jan 9 2005, 12:08 AM)
    It is clear that you are working to an agenda.

I’m not, but you clearly are. Nor am I bigotted or closed minded.

You can’t answer my principal points; the IDF removed all the hard drives from the Education Ministry in the Palestinian Authority and now Israelis wonder why the Palestinians have a bad education system…

Secondly there is a clear and overwhelming preponderance of savagery on one side over the other, with a 3:1 ratio in fatalities amongst Palestinians and most recently almost 8:1.

The murdurous policy is barbaric and the educational issue a further demonstration of the appalling cynicism of the Isreali establishment to allow it to be perpetrated.

These are issues you should be ashamed of; rather than lecturing people to learn about the history of that shameful State, with its current appalling regime.

Change the regime and others will then be more welcoming.

Open your mind and you’ll see there is a bigger World out there, one in which respecting neighbours grants peace and prosperity.

Indeed, like the Swiss during the Renaissance who supplied mercenaries to the rival city states and principalities in Italy, which were beggared by paying for these troops in those wars.

LOL. Then I guess it comes down to which murdering bar stewards you prefer! Check out the Hamass leader’ latest little side step over Abbas. Peace?. No chance, that would leave those blood thirtsy swine without a raison d’etre, same reason Arafat couldn’t bring himself to bite the bullet, no Arab “street” no fame! :ph34r:

#22190 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Zed, i think backload is right about you being ignorant. Why cant you see it? you have an israeli army which is falsely going into a land which aint even theirs.
    You have say 5 IDF soldiers dead or civillians and the western media is in uproar that they have been killed by ‘terrorists’ and some groups call the killings ‘barbaric and in humane’.
    How about the systematic demolshing of palestinian homes, in which doctrine does it say you bring to rubble a house because it is ‘somehow’ related to a terrorists.
    After the aftermath of 9-11 i didnt exactly see the US and coalition go knock down the bin laden family houses, or the US authorities knock down Timothy McVey’s house. Did you?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: What Has Not Been Reported
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register