What is the logic ?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom What is the logic ?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Musey 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

samico
    Participant
    #28621 Reply

samico
    Participant

When the new look was presented , we read explanations why 3 presenters are required in major shifts and what is the importance of this new system.
    In the last days , we see long hours with one sole presenter.
    What is the real logic? one presenter ? two? three?
    and why in weekends and holidays we see different patterns than in weekdays?

#28622 Reply

Steven
    Participant

samico+Jan 1 2006, 07:56 AM–>(samico @ Jan 1 2006, 07:56 AM)
    and why in weekends and holidays we see different patterns than in weekdays?

Because there is less ‘news’ happening and fewer people watching.

#28623 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

And Sky News presenters are entitled to a holiday as much as the next guy!

#28624 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

to be honest its the best its been since the move to the new studio,no fancy hour long shows for the so called stars of the channel,just news delivered the way they used to do it.no jimmy rubin,no kay burley and it was great.and as for kay burleys ego trip on xmas day ‘hey look at me im a true pro cos im working xmas day’if my boss gave me a week and a half off for working 4 hours on xmas day then id do it aswell

#28625 Reply

Musey
    Participant

and if kay didn’t work on christmas day you would say “oh look, all the ‘stars’ of sky news are too wrapped up in their own ego to want to come to work”!

#28626 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Atleast the others were honest enough to stay clear,she just had to try and look like a hero doing xmas day morning

#28627 Reply

AJ
    Participant

guvnorgaz+Jan 3 2006, 04:06 PM–>(guvnorgaz @ Jan 3 2006, 04:06 PM)
    Atleast the others were honest enough to stay clear,she just had to try and look like a hero doing xmas day morning

Oh come off it!

Working Christmas Day does NOT make you a hero, and I suspect that Kay Burley knows that as well as you do.

My sister does it every year, she doesn’t moan or complain or even brag. Yes – Kay Burley does have a higher ego than some other members of the presenting team – but in reality she is no different.

I suspect she worked Sunrise on that day so that she could be at home with the kids for Christmas lunch.

I also suspect that if Kay Burley were to leave Sky News, you’d be saying “oh look, Kay has left Sky – maybe her ego go too big for the channel.”

Seriously – get some perspective and stop ranting about the same thing over and over.

#28628 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Im not ranting about the same thing over and over cos its the first time Ive mentioned Kay burley.she only worked 1 day out the whole 2 weeks and it had to be the first slot on Xmas Day,when was the last time she did Sunrise?If thats not ego driven I dont know what is

#28629 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

she’s done Christmas Day sunrise for the last 3 years if i can remember.
    Chances are she was asked by her bosses to do it again – what exactly has she done wrong here?

#28630 Reply

AJ
    Participant

guvnorgaz+Jan 4 2006, 05:12 PM–>(guvnorgaz @ Jan 4 2006, 05:12 PM)
    Im not ranting about the same thing over and over cos its the first time Ive mentioned Kay burley.she only worked 1 day out the whole 2 weeks and it had to be the first slot on Xmas Day,when was the last time she did Sunrise?If thats not ego driven I dont know what is

I still can’t understand what makes you think that working on Christmas Day is ego driven. It’s starting to become a part of life. Thousands of people across the UK do it – Kay Burley is just one.

#28631 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Simply because it was the only day she worked for 2 weeks,she could have done what the like of Etchingham and Dunkley did and stayed away altogether

#28632 Reply

Musey
    Participant

you cant draw any conclusions form when people have been on air, because it’s been completely mixed up. next to no-one was on their normal slot around the christmas / new year period.

and just out of interest, what is it about Kay that makes her so “ego driven”? She seems like a perfectly nice woman to me, my onloy problem with her is the way she says the word ‘prefer’!!

she says pre-fare, as opposed to pre-fur.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: What is the logic ?
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register