who is your Favourite Sky Sports News Presenter?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom who is your Favourite Sky Sports News Presenter?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SMIFFY 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Country_Girl202
    Participant
    #24211 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

who is everyones favourite Presenter mines Georgie Thompson

#24212 Reply

January
    Participant

I voted for Di, because she’s the most cheerful woman on the planet AND she’s a leftie (like me).

However, in terms of experience and style, I’d have to say Jim White. Lookswise- Dan Lobb!

#24213 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

i really should have put other in the options i there anymore presenters i missed cos i looked on the sports presenters site and i think the rst of them hosted sky sports channels

also i heard if ur left handed u r more likely to die younger than right haned ppl

#24214 Reply

wolverine
    Participant

:angry:

I support Zoe Cumming she always seems to not know what she’s talking about and I find it very charming.
    She’s the best female presenter at SKY, in competition with Jackie Beltrao in an more vintage style….Besides, how old is she ? 30, 40 YEARS OLD…….
    It’s time to investigate, maybe someone may help me ?

#24215 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

It is hard to vote! But I go for Di, because she is beautiful than other girls!!!

#24216 Reply

January
    Participant

Country Girl- thanks ever so much for telling us that. It really made me feel a lot better after an entire evening of trying to finish off all my GCSE coursework. Makes me feel it’s really worth it

I also hear that we’re more creative and have a generally higher IQ- Albert Einstein, Michelangelo and M.C Escher were all south paws.

But I don’t believe in all this “new research has shown” malarkey.

#24217 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Hands down georgie Thompsn.
    Untouchable beauty and you don’t even have to look at the screen when she’s on to start drooling, sexiest voice I’ve heard in absokutely ages.
    presneting wise………I don’t care!!!

#24218 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

from a Bi’s point of view Alex, Di and Georgie are all good looking :wub:

Kelly’s not that bad i suppose as for the guys Ed and Dan are a bit of alright

never liked G.C.S.E’s anyway glad when i did leav scholl but know im at college and will be till im nearly 20 as i leave next july and in Oct i will be 20

#24219 Reply

January
    Participant

College? You mean Uni? I hate GCSEs as well, and can’t wait to do the diploma.

I agree, Dan is gorge (and a lot younger than most of them!)

#24220 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

Not uni i aint goin there if not i’ll never leave the education side aint intellegent enough either

im confused with the presenters scheudles cos i thought Di and jim came on at 10-3 but last night when i turned it over to see who was on she was on at 6-10 i always thought that was Kelly’s time

who is Zoe didnt realise she was on there lol is she good looking

#24221 Reply

January
    Participant

Yeah, I asked something like this a while back, but I think they’ve had a re-shuffle of the presenters or something. Isha Sesay is on a lot more during the day than she used to be and Ian and Di were on late tonight. I guess they just choose whoever to go on whenever.

#24222 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Come on everyone. Mike Wedderburn is by far the best.

#24223 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

kelly is best lookin and best presenter.she knows a fair bit about most sports and doesnt allow her liverpool bias get into her reports.wedderburn is man city biased and west indies biased but ok,jim white is always tryin to be funny and that zoe cummings is always talking through a laugh and gets on ya tits

#24224 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

georgie thompson used to be a bloke called george

#24225 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

ppl who fancy her r gay!

#24226 Reply

andy_playmaker
    Participant

daved2424+Apr 1 2005, 11:15 PM–>(daved2424 @ Apr 1 2005, 11:15 PM)
    Come on everyone. Mike Wedderburn is by far the best.

Spot on mate! Wedders is a legend. We used to watch skysports news all the time in our house in uni cos it was the only decent thing on freeview during the day and the boy Wedderburn was easily our favourite. We had a theory his head was as big as it is cos he’s he’s got so much sports news stored inside it and he just has to let it out. Also got big hands as well if you notice…

Favourite Wedderburn moment:

Kelly: “such-and-such, an up-and-coming woman golfer, is only 14 but can already
    drive a golf ball over 250 yards.”
    Mike: “kelly, that’s further than you can drive your car…”

Had me in stitches

#24227 Reply

andy_playmaker
    Participant

Country_Girl202+Mar 31 2005, 06:52 PM–>(Country_Girl202 @ Mar 31 2005, 06:52 PM)
    i really should have put other in the options i there anymore presenters i missed cos i looked on the sports presenters site and i think the rst of them hosted sky sports channels

also i heard if ur left handed u r more likely to die younger than right haned ppl

I heard that as well, but then read that it was just based on a survey of cricketers (obviously as left/right handedness is recorded) and how old they were when they died and what hand they used, so don’t know if it has much basis in reality.

Also heard that left-handedness is often associated with higher creativity, but then traditionally it’s always been linked with clumsiness and even evil! I know the Italian (and possibly Latin) word for left is ‘sinistra’, obviously like the English word ‘sinister’, which is where we get it from.

So there you go!

#24228 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

heres a list of Left-Handed Myths and Misunderstandings

It is NOT a myth that left-handers have trouble with all sorts of everyday articles and tools.

Left-handers do tend to do badly whenever there is any talk of superstition or things that cannot be understood.

Folklore and Superstitions

For thousands of years, the Devil has been associated with the left hand in various ways and is normally portrayed as being left-handed in pictures and other images. In the seventeenth century it was thought that the Devil baptised his followers with his left-hand and there are many references in superstitions to the “left-hand side” being associated with evil. As an example, in France it was held that witches greet Satan “avec le bras gauche” or with the left hand. It is also considered that we can only see ghosts if we look over our left shoulder and that the Devil watches us over the left shoulder.

Evil spirits lurk over the left shoulder – throw salt over this shoulder to ward them off. In Roman times, salt was a very valuable commodity, giving rise to the word “salary” and was considered a form of money at the time. If salt was spilled, that was considered very bad luck, that could only be avoided by throwing some of the spilled salt over your left shoulder to placate the devil.

Joan of Arc (burned at the stake in 1431 for being a heretic and a witch) was not necessarily left-handed, she may have been depicted in this way to make her seem evil.

Getting out of bed with the left foot first means that you will have a bad day and be bad tempered . i.e. getting out of bed the wrong side.

A ringing in the right ear means that someone is praising you. In the left ear it means that someone is cursing or maligning you.

An itchy right palm means that you will receive money. An itchy left palm means you will have to give money.

Wedding rings worn on the third finger of the left hand originated with the Greeks and Romans, who wore them to fend of evil associated with the left-hand

The Romans originally considered the left to be the lucky side and used for augury. However, they later changed back to the Greek methods and favoured the right-hand side.

The right hand often symbolises ‘male’ while the left hand is ‘female’.

If you hear the sound of a cuckoo from the right it will be a lucky year. If the sound comes from the left it will be unlucky.

The Meru people of Kenya believed that the left-hand of their holy man has such evil power that he had to keep it hidden for the safety of others.

If your right eye twitches you will see a friend, if it’s your left eye that twitches you’ll see an enemy.

When dressmaking it’s believed to be bad luck to sew the left-hand sleeve onto a garment before the right sleeve.

When leaving to go on a journey, if your right foot itches you’re bound to have a good journey. If your left foot itches it will end in sorrow.

It is thought to be bad luck to pass a drink to another person with your left-hand or anti-clockwise around a table.

Superstitions that are IN FAVOUR of Lefties
    Anyone who digs coal out of the ground from under his or her left foot in the Spring will have very good luck.

If you apply an ointment with the forefinger of the right hand the sore will not heal. This is because this finger is said to be the ‘poison’ finger.

The ancient Zuni tribe considered left-handedness a sign of good luck. They believed the left was the older and wiser

Social behaviour
    Passing or pouring wine with the left hand leads to bad luck.

A left-handed toast is tantamount to a curse on the victim.

Driving on the left – started so that horse riders could use their whips in the right-hand to fend off other road users – see more about this

Religion
    Christianity is strongly based towards the right hand. It is the right had that gives the blessing and make the sign of the cross.

On one count, the bible contains over 100 favourable reference to the right-hand and 25 unfavourable references to the left-hand. E.g.: The right hand of the lord doeth valiantly, the right hand of the lord is exalted (Psalm 118 vv15,16)

The left hand does worst in the parable of the sheep and goats. The sheep are set on Christ’s right hand and the goats on the left. Those on the right inherit the kingdom of god while those on the let depart into everlasting fire.

The situation is much the same in Judaism and Islam. In Islam, the left hand and everything associated with it is seen as unclean. This stems from the Middle Eastern custom of using the left-hand and water instead of toilet paper.

Animals
    We have had a report that the majority of parrots are left-footed

Trivia
    Officials in Mensa, the high IQ society believe as many as 20% of their members are left-handed.

The first recorded Siamese twins born in 1811 were joined at the waist. Their names? Chang and Eng, which simply meant ‘Left and Right’

The figurehead on the Cutty Sark is a left-handed witch.

Studies have shown that left-handers are more likely to have allergies than right-handers – aahtishoooo!!

Most left-handers, when drawing figures face them to the right.

#24229 Reply

Country_Girl202
    Participant

as for gay ppl fancy Georgie T. ur probably right i like her voice its very sexy for woman

#24230 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

well it has to be kelly dalglish for me…shes gorgeous

#24231 Reply

jamjam
    Participant

has be kelly she is the most gorgeous and the votes show that shes the most popular as well, she delievers the news while looking gorgeous!

#24232 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Kelly! :wub:

#24233 Reply

January
    Participant

Kelly Dalglish is very pretty (I can say graciously as a fellow woman). I have exactly the same accent and voice as her (so I’m told. If it’s true, I sound different in my head!)… sadly, not the looks.

#24234 Reply

SMIFFY
    Participant

I don?t think that Jeff Stelling can really be classed as a Sky Sports News presenter. He does one or two shows a week and the amount of work and research he has to do is far more considerable than any other. I still think he is by far the best anchor on the box ? so he gets my vote!!

I?m obviously not judging him on his appearance ? as many of you seem to have done with other presenters. As far as professionalism and his style go ? he is by far the best.

Vote Stelling!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: who is your Favourite Sky Sports News Presenter?
Your information: