Who's Presenting?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Who's Presenting?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Hello 13 years ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #18166 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Who’s Presenting on Sky News Now..
    (Friday 23rd July 2003 – 12am – 6am)

#18167 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I made a point of listening to the presentation of the presenter at 1 AM. I didn’t understand the name, though :blink:

#18168 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The presenter in question has been on for a few shifts, the name is very hard to work out, it sounds like angela Rahn. She appears to be a superb presenter – i expect we will be seing more of her!

#18169 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I LIKE HER A LOT.

And are you looking for more attention by using an extremely large font?

#18170 Reply

Hullo
    Participant

Yes, she is absolutely brilliant. (In contrast, there was an absolutely dreadul shouty girl on at night a week or two ago…) Anyone know anything about her? Where was she before? I hope they get her onto day shofts, at least as holiday relief, to see how she handles breaking news and interviews. She’s got an engaging voice and reads really well. Maybe Emma Crosby will hire her for coaching, she could learn a thing or two from her!

#18171 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Are you sure that’s not JULIET Errington? She’s usually a business correspondent.

#18172 Reply

st1407
    Participant

Johnnie, do you have some pictures of Ms Ran?

#18173 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #18174 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Anjali done a report on Zeta-Jones this morning – her name on the strap was spelt – Anjali Rao

#18175 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

They can’t seem to agree if it’s Katharine or Katherine Witty either, so I wouldn’t make too much of that

She’s pregnant by the way. I don’t think that’s been mentioned here.

#18176 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

In reply to the original post in this thread …

the correct name of the news presenter is ANJALI RAO, who Sky must have poached from her news anchor job at Star TV (based in Hong Kong).

Anjali Rao has been described somewhere in the media as “Asia’s 21st Century Angela Rippon”.

Comparisons aside, I think Anjali is in a class of her own: classy looks, lovely accent, and what a voice!

She is currently presenting Friday and Saturday overnights from midnight to 0600 – (I’m not sure which other slots she also presents).

#18177 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

She presents the overnight shift from 12midnight until 5.30am(not 6am)—also I have seen her on a weekday overnight.
    She is not confined to Friday and Saturday night.
    I wonder what her nationality is?
    Yes,she is an excellent presenter whom Im sure we will see presenting Sunrise and NewsToday very soon.

#18178 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Well, actually, she does present until 0600, cos I normally only watch Sky overnight stuff to catch CBS news either at 0030 or 0530 … and that’s when I first woke up to Anjali Rao doing the headlines at the halftime mark of CBS news at 0545.

Just a tiny point, I know, but I hate being corrected when I don’t need to be

As to her nationality … With that accent, she is most likely to be british-born and british-educated, but her Star TV stint saw her based in Hong Kong.

#18179 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Tempranillo+Aug 2 2004, 02:32 AM–>(Tempranillo @ Aug 2 2004, 02:32 AM)

As to her nationality … With that accent, she is most likely to be british-born and british-educated, but her Star TV stint saw her based in Hong Kong.

A quick Google search reveals AnJali Rao is an alumni of Cobham School, Cobham, Surrey.

See: http://www.cobhamhall.com/pastPupils.htm

This (Private) Boarding School is an “International School” hosting young people of many nationalities – so I suspect either AnJali was sent away to Board in the UK, or perhaps her, parents were resident in the UK and sent her there for a rounded International education ?

(Note that other alumni of that school include BBC America / BBC World presenter, Mishal Husain).

I noticed AnJali on Sky News overnight last week. I’m already a fan and find I watch the News longer when she is presenting!

I was taken with her natural friendliness towards the camera, her top presentation skills and, ummm, errr, not to mention her stunning good looks which got my attention in the first place ! She’s a natural, the camera loves her (or is it just me then ?! ) and I would tip AnJali for the top, from what I’ve seen so far!

Sigh, alas it looks as if AnJali is married (spot that HUGE encrusted Diamond Wedding ring!), and expecting a child, from other reports I have read here, else I’d be asking how to contact her ! Her partner is a lucky man!

P.S. If anybody wants to start a Fan-site/thread, then please do! Or post any other information people have on AnJali’s career at Sky News or formerly at StarTV(which is a Sky group company) here.

If not seen already, AnJali’s Profile (TBS) and Pictures are here:

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/profiles/AnJaliRao.asp
    http://skynewscentre.co.uk/viewpictures.as…mages/AnjaliRao

I have to say, the static Pictures don’t do her justice though

Cheers, Phaedrus (an enchanted viewer!)

#18180 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Newsroom said: She presents the overnight shift from 12midnight until 5.30am(not 6am)—also I have seen her on a weekday overnight.
    She is not confined to Friday and Saturday night.
    I wonder what her nationality is?
    Yes,she is an excellent presenter whom Im sure we will see presenting Sunrise and NewsToday very soon.

I don’t care what nights she does the overnight shift on she makes it more interesting/enjoyable watching sky news through the night.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Who's Presenting?
Your information: