Who's the Best On Sky Sports News

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Who's the Best On Sky Sports News

This topic contains 48 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author

ryansdaughter
    Participant
    #29628 Reply

ryansdaughter
    Participant

Let’s try and sort this one out once and for all.

Post your votes for the best male and female presenters on SSN. If the bosses read the results, there’s a chance we might get to see more of the best – and less of the worst!

#29629 Reply

Swansea_fan
    Participant

ryansdaughter wrote:Let’s try and sort this one out once and for all.

Post your votes for the best male and female presenters on SSN. If the bosses read the results, there’s a chance we might get to see more of the best – and less of the worst!

I think Di Stewart is the best female, closely followed by Hayley McQueen and Vicky Gommersall. Not sure about the best male, don’t pay much attention to them!

#29630 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

(good topic btw ryansdaughter!) Gota be dan lobb for best male, funny and hot;), mind u also like alex payne;) its hard to decide from all of them! i dunno why but it annoys me wen only ian payne is on by himself and the other presenter does a story now and again anyone know why they do tht?

#29631 Reply

darkhorse
    Participant

Got to be Di Stewart and despite the revelations in the Sunday papers I would say Rhodri Williams out of the guys.

#29632 Reply

January
    Participant

I think Georgie is probably the best presenter in terms of lighting up the screen with personality (I can’t imagine her getting flustered very easily) plus she has excellent chemistry with David Jones. I think maybe once Hayley McQueen’s been doing it a while, she’ll be better but right now she’s a bit stiff.
    As for the men, I think Dave Clarke and Jim White are really good, but Jim don’t half know it.

#29633 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think there can be only one winner in the womens catogery and thats Di Stewart. As far as the men go i rekon Jim Smith is probably the most entertaining!

#29634 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

andykeogh06 wrote:I think there can be only one winner in the womens catogery and thats Di Stewart. As far as the men go i rekon Jim Smith is probably the most entertaining!

dito

#29635 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

Female – Kelly Dalglish
    Male – Jim White/Mark Bolton (when he did a few shifts last year)

#29636 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Male-Jim Smith/Dave Clarke
    Female-Di/Georgie

#29637 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Who is Jim Smith?

#29638 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

LOL I mean White,I read andykeogh’s post and he called him Smith and it stuck!

#29639 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

guvnorgaz wrote:LOL I mean White,I read andykeogh’s post and he called him Smith and it stuck!

I thought Andy meant White, but when i saw Jim Smith for a second time, i thought there may’ve been a presenter called Jim Smith.

#29640 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

haha, sorry guys, i did mean Jim White!

#29641 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

andykeogh06 wrote:haha, sorry guys, i did mean Jim White!

For the girls, Kelly is by far the best & I’m really liking Haley Mcqueen, Di is beautiful & haley is in the same kind of league, classy & model like, all 3 seem to know a lot about sport, you can just tell by their pronunciations, Di’s voice is a bit weak though, haley is quite a lot like Kelly, she has a strong voice with a Scottish twang.Georgie gorgeous but a bit OTT for my liking sometimes, I’m warming to Vicky Gomersall she was on the other Sunday & certainly knows her stuff, she’s very enthusiastic, not my favourate but does a good job, I never get to see Alex & although Georgie is the favourite lads mag type of girl (very glam) shes just not as naturally pretty. I don’t reakon any of the girls are their on merit of looks only though. I wont be complaining about any of them.

#29642 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Ooh this is a good 1, because there havn’t been really any presenters i havn’t liked.

Best Gal: Kelly Dalglish – just oozes quality, Georgie isn’t far behind along with the new girl Vicky Gummersall (i think thats her name). There was one girl on it last month who was abit dodgy looked abit like that brown-haired one who was on a month ago and she was struggling abit with the autocue, but hey she may be on there stil..

Best Guy: This again is a very hard one to choose, the old guy who used to present La Liga is good, Jim White is hilarious as is Rodri the 2 of them are good. The new guy (Simon) who used 2 Be On Blue Water is a fine addition – i for one was wondering where he was going 2 after he’d eventually leave Blue Peter – but he’s performed very well on SSN and has done a good job covering the South Africa/Australia series in the cricket.

Mike Wedderburn 2yrs ago was brilliant, he dosn’t appear to be on it as much although he had a dig the other day when Matthew Hoggards hatrick was shown on “What Happend On This Year” because he’s a Windies fan. I thought him and Isha were a good pairing, i think she now does work for CNN.

#29643 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

**harriet** wrote:(good topic btw ryansdaughter!) Gota be dan lobb for best male, funny and hot;), mind u also like alex payne;) its hard to decide from all of them! i dunno why but it annoys me wen only ian payne is on by himself and the other presenter does a story now and again anyone know why they do tht?

Ian and Alex seem to work together quite a bit.

Do any of you know if, by any chance, they’re related??

#29644 Reply

broswer
    Participant

i would think that georgie and haley are the best!!!!!!!!they are so sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!i saw georgie earlier today and she was hot!!!!!!!!

#29645 Reply

Moxey
    Participant

Without a doubt Vick Gomersall

Anyone got any info on here

#29646 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

PadSpin wrote:(**harriet** @ Apr 1 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]13887[/snapback]

(good topic btw ryansdaughter!) Gota be dan lobb for best male, funny and hot;), mind u also like alex payne;) its hard to decide from all of them! i dunno why but it annoys me wen only ian payne is on by himself and the other presenter does a story now and again anyone know why they do tht?

Ian and Alex seem to work together quite a bit.

Do any of you know if, by any chance, they’re related??

yea i was wonderin tht as well! i was tryin 2 c if they looked like each otha at all?! lol :unsure:

#29647 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I hear they have another brother, Window :ninja:

#29648 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

lol, I don’t know who is the best really, but I know they have a fair load of shite presenters. And Gerry McCullough who was on the other night, is probably the worst.

#29649 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

i notice that skysports.com has finally removed Kelly Dalglish, Nick Powell, and Steve Gaisford from the SSN presenters list.

I don’t think any of the current presenters are that bad – just decidedly average. Only a couple actually stand out; the rest could be replaced and you wouldn’t miss them to be honest.

#29650 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

I hear Hayley is now leaving, she is going to work for Man Utd TV

#29651 Reply

SSLuke
    Participant

interesting – where did you get that from?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
Reply To: Who's the Best On Sky Sports News
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register