WHO'S WITH ALLAN?

Discussion Forums Forums TV Newsroom WHO'S WITH ALLAN?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mick 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author

dirkyt
    Participant
    #25768 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Who is co-anchoring with Allan – Ginny???

:unsure:

#25769 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I thought it was Ginny.
    Its Ana Boulter, she was a co-presenter on 3D back in 2003, she’s been presenting on Five News lately.

#25770 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

Thanks Johnnie!

I think she is good – I hope that we see more of her!

#25771 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Is she being trialled for regular use, or are they just short staffed? Havn’t seen much of Viv or Emma lately, perhaps they are all rehering a lot in the new studios.

#25772 Reply

Tanya
    Participant

If my memory serves right I think Viv was on yesterday afternoon with Kevin Owen and I think I saw Emma on Friday very early in the morning before Sunrise, presenting together with Allan King.

I find the new girl Ana good as well…

#25773 Reply

HBox
    Participant

I forget that I work and do other things, so there is plently of the day where they can present I guess.

I thought this new girl looked familiar, has she done anything for Sky more recently?

#25774 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Ana Boulter is one of the 2 new female presenters who have joined SKY News. It was released in the press some weeks ago. I temporarily forget who the other one is, but I’ll see if I can find something on the web. Watch this space.

Mick.

#25775 Reply

HBox
    Participant

Are you not thinking of Anna Jones who joined from the BBC and Ginny Buckley who also joined from the BBC?

#25776 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Yes…. here it is. Actually no mention of Ana BOULTER, but 2 other new faces joining in September…………

http://www.skypressoffice.co.uk/SkyNews/Ne…cle.asp?id=1813

Happy reading……..

Mick.

#25777 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Shes fluffed reading the atocue plenty from what i’ve seen. But then it must be difficult coping with anything seeing as she dated Chris Moyles for years. That’d be enough to screw someone up for life.

I think she is another freelance BTW.

#25778 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant

DDP+Jul 10 2005, 07:58 PM–>(DDP @ Jul 10 2005, 07:58 PM)
    Shes fluffed reading the atocue plenty from what i’ve seen. But then it must be difficult coping with anything seeing as she dated Chris Moyles for years. That’d be enough to screw someone up for life.

I think she is another freelance BTW.

It is not as easy as it seems – reading an autocue, bright lights beaming down on you etc. I think that practise makes perfect in a situation like this.

Every newsreader fluffs their lines now and again

#25779 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Oh for goodness sake leave her alone. It’s her first day. I think she looks very good on TV, and it’s nice to have some new, young presenters coming through. I bet Allan King is tickling her knee under the desk. He’s been at SKY for ages I’m sure he’s au fait with all the “initiation” rituals for new talent.

Anyway….. she may be freelance, that’s a point.

Good luck to you Ana I say………. you have a very beautiful smile.

Mick

#25780 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Hey, leave me alone! I wasn’t having a dig at her. Simply stating a fact. How many people hammered Juliet Errington when she was presenting? Come to think about it, how many jump all over Emmma Crosby on a weekly basis?

Hmmmm….jumping Emma Crosby. Now theres a thought

#25781 Reply

Mick
    Participant

You were SO having a go at her. Insinuating all sorts on the basis of her personal relationships.

The fact that other presenters get picked-on in these forums is no, repeat NO, justification.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but posting of pathetic, petty, P***-taking, puerile messages says more about the postER than the postEE. Irrespective of the presenter.

Now you’re grounded for 2 weeks without any pocket-money. No more posts – comprendez?

Mick.

#25782 Reply

DDP
    Participant

OMFG! :blink:

You were SO having a go at her. Insinuating all sorts on the basis of her personal relationships.

Actually I wasn’t. I guess there was sense of humor bypass in your neighborhood. Unless you were either party, I cannot see how it affects you in the slightest.

The fact that other presenters get picked-on in these forums is no, repeat NO, justification.

It wasn’t my intent. It was actually intended to back her up in this situation as the others. I just didn’t edit the response in the way I had intended. My bad. I think if you so desire to read any of my posts, none have ever been critical regarding any presenter in a situation such as this. I wasn’t trying to justify anything. I don’t find it necessary to rip into presenters unlike many who have. But I will return fire on someone ripping into me as a result of them taking it far too seriously. Sh;t happens, if it doesn’t happen to you don’t worry about.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but posting of pathetic, petty, P***-taking, puerile messages says more about the postER than the postEE. Irrespective of the presenter.

As it does with your pretty obvious fanboy attitude. It affects you how really? Does it keep you awake at night?

Now you’re grounded for 2 weeks without any pocket-money. No more posts – comprendez?

Its a TV station, not a way of life. Get over it, and get over yourself with your high and mighty attitude. Quit taking sh;t so damn seriously and get a life. Move on for gods sake. There are far more important things in life to worry about than this. <_<

#25783 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Ha Ha Ha. You were obviously looking in the mirror when you scripted that last post. Talking to thineself methinks. Let me know if you want me to send you a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers.

Mick.

#25784 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Fvck me! and you accuse me of being puerile. Gee whiz, a penis joke that would embarass a five year at its level of ineptitude. Grow up child. The more crap that you come out with, the dumber you look. To save you the time, just PM me and keep this crap out of the threads. Nobody wants to read it and petty flaming just leads to trouble. At least then nobody has to put up with your childishness or maybe you feel you can become an adult? :blink:

#25785 Reply

daved2424
    Participant

Yep, you’re right DDP. Mick, you’re a twat. Shut up.

#25786 Reply

Mick
    Participant

DDP and dave2424,

Thank you for helping me to see the light. You are both totally right in everything that you say, and think, and do, and I can’t imagine a time that that will ever change. Ever. I am a twat, you are right. I am childish, you are right. You have my unreserved and wholehearted apology for any emotional upset I have caused.
    I have read back over all the postings I have made, and I have cringed with embarrassment….. they are completely wanky, and I am deeply ashamed of my actions.

Yours sincerely,

Mick.

#25787 Reply

crazyfj
    Participant

It was good to see a new face. We will be seeing a few more new faces in the coming months. I thought Maj might re-appear.

#25788 Reply

HBox
    Participant

DDP+Jul 12 2005, 02:23 AM–>(DDP @ Jul 12 2005, 02:23 AM)
    Fvck me! and you accuse me of being puerile. Gee whiz, a penis joke that would embarass a five year at its level of ineptitude. Grow up child. The more crap that you come out with, the dumber you look. To save you the time, just PM me and keep this crap out of the threads. Nobody wants to read it and petty flaming just leads to trouble. At least then nobody has to put up with your childishness or maybe you feel you can become an adult? :blink:

Very true my North American friend. You would appear to have prevailed in this one.

#25789 Reply

HBox
    Participant

daved2424+Jul 12 2005, 07:23 AM–>(daved2424 @ Jul 12 2005, 07:23 AM)
    Yep, you’re right DDP. Mick, you’re a twat. Shut up.

Once again, accurate and to the point.

#25790 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Ana is on the overnight (13/7/05)

#25791 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

u look at anna boulter and just as u start to think shes fit u think of her and moyles and then u lose all interest

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: WHO'S WITH ALLAN?
Your information:

Add New Topic Login Register