Who's your favourite?

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Who's your favourite?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Newsrat 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

JoeAddinson
    Participant
    #15587 Reply

JoeAddinson
    Participant

who is your favourite presenter/reporter and why?

#15588 Reply

edofis
    Participant

David Chater

His reporting throughout the war in Iraq was brilliant. He’s eloquent, sensitive and tells you how it is. He also has an incredible understanding of the local culture.

#15589 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

Ed – a woman of impeccable taste. Mr Chater for sure. Same reasons; also because even after all these years reporting on man’s inhumanity to man, he still cares about those he’s reporting about – and shows it. That’s unusual and I appreciate it a lot. Forza David!

#15590 Reply

AJ
    Participant

tsk – this isn’t going to turn into another David Chater Appreciation Thread is it?!?

Anyhoo – my favourite presenter was Bob Friend

He was and still is Mr. Sky News – he was relaxed, laid back and had a warmth to his presentation, yet he was authoritative too – even when he had the bottle cap stuck to his head!

long live Bob!

#15591 Reply

Stevo
    Participant

this isn’t going to turn into another David Chater Appreciation Thread is it?!?

Definitely not! But I do agree that he is a very good reporter, and one of the best on Sky News.

My favourite Sky News presenter is Kay Burley. If Jeremy Thompson is the king of Sky News, then Kay Burley is the Queen. She is the best in the business – Lisa Burke is brilliant too; she does make watching the weather a worthwhile pursuit. – But Kay Burley is my favourite; she’s authoritative when presenting but can come across as very warm and cosy too. A solid professional anchor, and you know there is a toughness behind the smiles!

my favourite presenter was Bob Friend

Actually I always liked Bob too; he was as his name suggested, very friendly in his style of presentation. A very likeable presenter if ever there was.

#15592 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I’m more of a fan of the sports news presenters. I like Matt Lorenzo and Dan Lobb. Anyone out there fans?

#15593 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I think Kay Burley is the most beautiful lady on TV, she reminds me of an ex girlfriend who dumped me.the only thing she does not have is an Irish accentli ke my ex. I am a lonely old widower, living with my Labrador.Toby

#15594 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

These are mine

Best reporter: Juliet Errington
    Best correspondent: David Chater
    Best presenter:Jeremy Thompson and Juliette Foster
    Best weather:The girl with short blonde hair who was in Glastonbury reporting
    Best sport:Matt Lorenzo
    Best paper reviewer: Topaz Amoore
    Best overnight: ANJALI RAHN(REALLY REALLY BRILL-ID SAY SHE WILL BE ON NEWSAT 10/LIVEAT 5 VERY VERY VERY SOON)

#15595 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

doh, Newsroom …

I already posted on the “Who’s presenting?” thread to say that her name is Anjali RAO

and you still can’t get the typo out of your head …

doh, doh, doh.

#15596 Reply

Alloneword
    Participant

tobydog+Aug 4 2004, 05:53 PM–>(tobydog @ Aug 4 2004, 05:53 PM)
    I think Kay Burley is the most beautiful lady on TV,

Have to agree with you there but i do prefer her with shorter hair (like she’s going to listen to me :rolleyes:

Having said that Kirsty Allsopp and Sarah Beeny are ok too but if i HAD to choose then Kay gets my vote.

We love you Kay :wub: :wub:

#15597 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

My favourite is AnJali Rao.

I noticed AnJali on Sky News overnight last week. I’m already a fan and find I watch the News longer when she is presenting!

I was immediately taken with her natural friendliness towards the camera, her top presentation skills and, errr, not to mention her stunningly attractive good looks which was what got my attention in the first place !

She’s a natural, the camera loves her (or is it just me then ?! ) and I would tip AnJali for the top, from what I’ve seen so far!

If not seen already, AnJali’s Profile (tbs) and Pictures are here:

http://skynewscentre.co.uk/profiles/AnJaliRao.asp
    http://skynewscentre.co.uk/viewpictures.as…mages/AnjaliRao

I have to say though, the static Pictures don’t do her justice !

Cheers, Phaedrus (an enchanted male viewer!)

#15598 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

AnJali Rao!!!!!!!!!!The best looking presenter on t.v. in the whole wide world, yes, yes, yes, yes she is, ok?

#15599 Reply

Hello
    Participant

Who’s my favourite Sky news reader? Must be either Julie Etchingham, Karin Giannone or Anjali Rao. Weatherwise it must be Lisa Burke or Steff Gaulter. Why them? They’re all drop dead gorgeous and are so natural at their job. They don’t act as if they are robots when doing their job either? They look as if they are enjoying themselves when they are presenting. It’s just a shame that two of the above 99% of the time you only get to see through the night UK time reading the news. Why is that? They should be on through the day uk time. You know who they are.

#15600 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

I actually prefer them doing the night time slot, at least they’re on there own when doing this slot. I hate the double presenter teams, I don’t want to see some male geek presenter trying to impress the beauty beside him ( AnJali Rao that is! )
    If they could still be on there own while presenting during the day then yes I would prefer that.

#15601 Reply

Hello
    Participant

AnjaliWOW+Aug 30 2004, 12:34 PM–>(AnjaliWOW @ Aug 30 2004, 12:34 PM)
    I actually prefer them doing the night time slot, at least they’re on there own when doing this slot. I hate the double presenter teams, I don’t want to see some male geek presenter trying to impress the beauty beside him ( AnJali Rao that is! )
    If they could still be on there own while presenting during the day then yes I would prefer that.

It sounds as if what is needed is: Good morning and welcome to Sky news today with Anjali Rao and Karin Giannone.

#15602 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Ha Ha, Yep! Could go along with that alright!!!

#15603 Reply

Robbbo
    Participant

fave presenters

Males:

Steve Dixon. Kevin Owen, Martin Popplewell

Females:

Anjali, Viv, Juliette

Weather:

Hazel

Sport:

Alec Wilkinson

#15604 Reply

Easty
    Participant

Presenter – Julia Etchingham – she is diverse and modern.
    Reporter – Michelle Clliford – Like her style

#15605 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Favourite News Presenter: Anna Botting/Emma Crosby
    Favourite Sports Presenter: Jacquie Beltrao
    Favourite Weather Forcaster: Lisa Burke
    Favourite Reporter: Michelle May

#15606 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

Favourite Presenter wouldnt be complete with out the mention of the delectable Simon McCoy , still sorely missed by Sky :wub:. Natasha Kaplinsky, Anna Botting, Mark Longhurst, Kay and JT all brill

#15607 Reply

Newsrat
    Participant

JoeAddinson+Apr 3 2004, 01:27 PM–>(JoeAddinson @ Apr 3 2004, 01:27 PM)
    who is your favourite presenter/reporter and why?

WELL

well B)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Who's your favourite?
Your information: