World Cup (Merged)

Forums Forums TV Newsroom World Cup (Merged)

This topic contains 54 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  calciofan 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #29180 Reply

    Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #29181 Reply

    Johnnie
    Keymaster

    Sporting Life+–>(Sporting Life)
    Coverage of this summer’s World Cup has been agreed by the BBC and ITV, with both terrestrial channels showing the final and the semi-final should England be involved.

    The BBC will broadcast England’s opener against Paraguay on June 10 while ITV have the rights to show the two other group games against Trinidad and Tobago and Sweden on June 15 and 20 respectively.

    The BBC will then have first choice of which last-16 fixture they want to show while ITV will choose the next two, with the rest split evenly between the channels.

    The first pick for quarter-final matches goes to the BBC and ITV will then choose two, with the remaining game for the BBC.

    Should England reach the semi-finals, both channels will broadcast the match live and ITV have exclusive rights to the other semi-final.

    If England are not in the semi-finals, ITV will have first choice on which game to show while the BBC have the other match.

    #29182 Reply

    bouncebackability
    Participant

    With the World Cup just over two months away, does anyone know who the people that’ll be bringing it to us at home will be. Basically, anyone know who the BBC and ITV are taking to Germany to cover the matches yet?

    I know Graeme Le Saux’s not going seeing as he quit the BBC last week. Any other news?
    There’s normally at least one big surprise pundit like Ruud Gullit or Johan Cruyff a few years ago

    #29183 Reply

    eagleeye
    Participant

    As long as they’re sending Motty, I’ll be happy.

    #29184 Reply

    Framescourer
    Participant

    bouncebackability wrote:With the World Cup just over two months away, does anyone know who the people that’ll be bringing it to us at home will be. Basically, anyone know who the BBC and ITV are taking to Germany to cover the matches yet?

    I know Graeme Le Saux’s not going seeing as he quit the BBC last week. Any other news?
    There’s normally at least one big surprise pundit like Ruud Gullit or Johan Cruyff a few years ago

    You can keep up with all the pundit/presentation news at Making The News. We’re looking forward to it as much as you are!

    #29185 Reply

    Johnnie
    Keymaster

    bouncebackability wrote:I know Graeme Le Saux’s not going seeing as he quit the BBC last week. Any other news?

    Graeme done a ‘2 way’ on ITV Evening News the other day about the new England job, I didn’t catch the first part, but it did leave me wondering if he’s now apart of the ITV Sports team.

    #29186 Reply

    bouncebackability
    Participant

    Johnnie wrote:(bouncebackability @ Apr 5 2006, 12:37 AM) [snapback]13958[/snapback]


    I know Graeme Le Saux’s not going seeing as he quit the BBC last week. Any other news?

    Graeme done a ‘2 way’ on ITV Evening News the other day about the new England job, I didn’t catch the first part, but it did leave me wondering if he’s now apart of the ITV Sports team.

    You could be right there as ITV have very few co-commentators actually signed to them; Jim Beglin and David Pleat, plus Andy Townsend perhaps. He could well be the new ITV England co-comm?

    #29187 Reply

    bouncebackability
    Participant

    Big Ron Atkinson is going to the World Cup!!!
    But as a studio pundit for UKTV G2, as they too have live broadcast rights this year.

    Other confirmed names for UKTV G2 are Andy Goldstein as host, Neil Cole as reporter and Steve Claridge as pundit.

    #29188 Reply

    bbc World Fan
    Participant

    I’m looking forward to the World cup this year. I’m Canadian and I’m a huge England fan. It will be nice to have Ashley Cole on the team.
    TSN and Sportsnet over here in Canada will be broadcasting the World Cup.
    Ashley cole is playing for England. There was speculation that he wouldn’t be playing because he got hurt. I heard it somewhere.
    Go! England! Go!

    #29189 Reply

    bouncebackability
    Participant

    And finally the ITV World Cup information has been released.
    No mention of Graeme Le Saux though as previously wondered.
    And Steve Rider is fronting the coverage it looks like, along with Jim and Gabby.
    Other notable inclusion are Sam Allardyce, Stuart Pearce and Alan Curbishley as pundits.

    ITV Assembles World Cup Squad – From Media Guardian

    #29190 Reply

    theos_bootlaces
    Participant

    I think Marcel Desailly and Leonardo are pudits for the BBC.
    I’m really looking forwaard to the World Cup but the quality of commntators has dropped dramatically over the last couple of years. BBC used to be excellent but now have Jonathan Pearce and Mark Bright who are dreadful.
    Don’t even get me started on the awful Dryury, Tyldesley and Champion on ITV!

    #29191 Reply

    philg
    Participant

    This is how it seems that Sky Sports News will cover the World Cup:

    World Cup Report, Live from Berlin, daily at 7am, 8am, 12pm, 1pm, 7pm and 10pm

    Presenters in Germany: David Jones and Kelly Dalglish
    With England: Nick Collins and Dan Roan
    With England’s Oppponents: Bryan Swanson
    Roving: Gary Cotterill

    No idea how Sky News will cover it, I would assume they will send Ian Dovaston their Sports News Correspondant, Chris Skudder (always travels with England) and a few others, maybe Greg Milam as he does Europe now and others. Perhaps they will base Sports presenters their, and if England do well, anchors too. I remember hearing in the summer that News 24 didnt have the budget to send their sports presenters over to Germany, but that may have changed in this new News 24 orientated era that we live in.

    #29192 Reply

    eagleeye
    Participant

    Looking forward to the actual footie and not the ongoing Roonathon!

    #29193 Reply

    calciofan
    Participant

    Sky Sports News will cover this years World Cup with several 30-minute reports live from Germany throughout the day begining on Wednesday.

    David Jones & Kelly Dalglish will be live in Berlin and will bring us all the latest news and build-up from the tournament with updates at 7am, 8am, 12pm, 1pm, 7pm and 10pm.

    There will be several Sky Sports reporters in Germany including chief football correspondent Nick Collins, who will be with the England team, and also Gary Cotterill.

    For Euro 2004, Sky Sports News had Rob Wotton presenting the shows from Lisbon before Richard Keys and Andy Gray tookover for the knock-out stages.

    World Cup ’06 Report
    Starting: Wednesday 7th June 2006 at 7am, 8am, 12pm, 1pm, 7pm & 10pm.

    #29194 Reply

    nckb49
    Participant

    Will any1 be capping Kelly Dalglish, while she is doing the World Cup Reports?

    Nckb49

    #29195 Reply

    Johnnie
    Keymaster

    I’m liking Sky News’ World Cup straps

    [attachmentid=288]

    [attachmentid=289]

    #29196 Reply

    sky.dub
    Participant

    Yes, the straps are class, Sky always better with graphics. With Jeremy off for the past 2 weeks…could we see him in Germany? It’s been such a quiet news year so far, it wouldn’t surprise me…

    #29197 Reply

    Johnnie
    Keymaster

    calciofan wrote:Sky Sports News will cover this years World Cup with several 30-minute reports live from Germany throughout the day begining on Wednesday.

    David Jones & Kelly Dalglish will be live in Berlin and will bring us all the latest news and build-up from the tournament with updates at 7am, 8am, 12pm, 1pm, 7pm and 10pm.

    There will be several Sky Sports reporters in Germany including chief football correspondent Nick Collins, who will be with the England team, and also Gary Cotterill.

    For Euro 2004, Sky Sports News had Rob Wotton presenting the shows from Lisbon before Richard Keys and Andy Gray tookover for the knock-out stages.

    World Cup ’06 Report
    Starting: Wednesday 7th June 2006 at 7am, 8am, 12pm, 1pm, 7pm & 10pm.

    Graphic:
    [attachmentid=290]

    David Bowden for Sky and John Sopel, Olly Foster for N24 are live from Luton Airport currently awaiting the team bus..

    Both Sky and N24 have copter pictures of the bus making its journey to Luton.

    #29198 Reply

    scottish
    Participant

    Chris Skudder is at the England team hotel near Baden Baden, with Angela Corpe still at Luton Airport on Sky News.

    #29199 Reply

    Johnnie
    Keymaster

    Geraint Vincent is also in Baden Baden for ITV News.

    #29200 Reply

    philg
    Participant

    One more line to add as far as SSN’s coverage of the World Cup is concerned, later in the tournament, Richard Keys and Andy Gray will present the 7pm World Cup Report, as they did in Euro 2004.

    #29201 Reply

    calciofan
    Participant

    philg wrote:One more line to add as far as SSN’s coverage of the World Cup is concerned, later in the tournament, Richard Keys and Andy Gray will present the 7pm World Cup Report, as they did in Euro 2004.

    Confirmation of that here.

    BBC News 24 will present World Cup Sportsday twice throughout the tournament starting on Thursday at 6.30pm and 10.30pm – the same times as Sky News’ Sportline programme.

    The 30-minute programmes will include a round up of all the day’s sports events as well as news, reports and build-up to the World Cup matches.

    #29202 Reply

    The Eagle
    Participant

    Anybody see the early editions this morning? The side panel has been coloured orange with a World Cup, and the blue ticker is black. IIRC the grey ticker was also orange, but not sure. Looks really nice.

    #29203 Reply

    cole09mcfc
    Participant

    The Eagle wrote:Anybody see the early editions this morning? The side panel has been coloured orange with a World Cup, and the blue ticker is black. IIRC the grey ticker was also orange, but not sure. Looks really nice.

    I know it’s well ace! should be on longer!

    #29204 Reply

    guvnorgaz
    Participant

    Its pointless, why do those 2 have to go to Germany to do the reports?They could do just the same from the UK studio.Sky News is cutting costs while the sports channel are paying presenters to spend 6 weeks at the World Cup on an all expenses paid holiday

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
Reply To: World Cup (Merged)
Your information: