Stephen Mitchell Retires from BBC News

Home - BBC News - Stephen Mitchell Retires from BBC News
Stephen Mitchell Retires from BBC News

The BBC has announced that the deputy head of news, Stephen Mitchell, will retire when he works his notice. The news came after Nick Pollard, the former head of Sky News, published his report into the BBC’s handling of the Savile allegations.

Robert Peston, BBC Business Editor, said:

Elsewhere, Helen Boaden will return to her position as director of news tomorrow, and Peter Rippon, Newsnight editor, will move to another senior editorial position.

Update on Wednesday 19 December 2012
Jane Hill — BBC News Presenter (1)

Jane Hill returned to BBC News this afternoon following a six month break. The reason Jane was missing in action was unknown until she thanked NHS staff in a tweet earlier this evening. “Big day today. On air for the… Read more

richard-conway-Image-002

Sports correspondent Richard Conway has announced he is leaving the BBC later this year. “Some personal news – I’m leaving the BBC this summer after 8 amazing years reporting sports news,” Richard told his Twitter followers. “Thank you for listening,… Read more

paul-harrison-Image-022

Former news correspondent Paul Harrison has announced he is leaving Sky News. “After 22 extraordinary years working on and off-screen at Sky News on some of the biggest stories of our lifetime, I am pleased to have been appointed to… Read more