BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2011 will broadcast live from the new home of BBC Sport, MediaCityUK in Salford Quays.
The show will be presented by [[Sue Barker]], [[Gary Lineker]] and [[Jake Humphrey]] and will be live on BBC One and HD on Thursday 22nd December 2011, 8-10pm.
This year, BBC Sports Personality of the Year will also stand as the culmination of Celebrate Sport, two weeks of sporting events taking place at MediaCityUK, Salford Quays, throughout December. The mix of live shows, exhibitions, tours and interactive experiences will give thousands of adults and children the chance to immerse themselves in the exciting world of sport, including:
• BBC Radio 5 Live’s iconic football phone-in, 606, and the 5 Live Sports Personality backstage show both broadcast in front of live studio audiences for the first time, plus The Monday Night Club and Fighting Talk live
• A Christmas Concert with the BBC Philharmonic and the Manchester United Foundation Youth Choir, recording a sport themed concert in front of an audience for broadcast on BBC Radio Manchester
• The National Football Museum will be in residence for two weeks, showcasing objects from their collection and some fun football-related activities
• Sue Barker with Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell in a special “Audience with Question of Sport”
• Plus special events with Match Of The Day and Football Focus, interactive exhibitions, children’s activities and much more
Barbara Slater, BBC Director of Sport, says: “MediaCityUK in Salford will be a fitting venue for the 2011 BBC Sports Personality of the Year. The facilities at the site are fantastic and the area has such a top-class sporting heritage, boasting top flight teams across many sports. This is a great opportunity to celebrate that. It’s wonderful to be able to also offer so many people the chance to get involved through Celebrate Sport which will throw open the doors to many exciting sport events and experiences.”
The running order for this week’s edition of Match of the Day is as follows.. 1. Liverpool v Crystal Palace; 2. Wolves v Leicester City; 3. Arsenal v Chelsea; 4. Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion. 5. Newcastle United v Cardiff City; 6. Southampton…
The running order for this week’s edition of Match of the Day is as follows.. 1. Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool; 2. West Ham United v Arsenal; 3. Chelsea v Newcastle United; 4. Burnley v Fulham. 5. Leicester City v Southampton; 6. Crystal Palace…
The BBC, BT Sport and the FA have announced which FA Cup fourth round ties will be broadcast live on TV over the weekend of 25-28th January 2019. Manchester United’s trip to Arsenal will be the first of seven ties to be shown as Ole…