BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2011 will broadcast live from the new home of BBC Sport, MediaCityUK in Salford Quays.
The show will be presented by [[Sue Barker]], [[Gary Lineker]] and [[Jake Humphrey]] and will be live on BBC One and HD on Thursday 22nd December 2011, 8-10pm.
This year, BBC Sports Personality of the Year will also stand as the culmination of Celebrate Sport, two weeks of sporting events taking place at MediaCityUK, Salford Quays, throughout December. The mix of live shows, exhibitions, tours and interactive experiences will give thousands of adults and children the chance to immerse themselves in the exciting world of sport, including:
• BBC Radio 5 Live’s iconic football phone-in, 606, and the 5 Live Sports Personality backstage show both broadcast in front of live studio audiences for the first time, plus The Monday Night Club and Fighting Talk live
• A Christmas Concert with the BBC Philharmonic and the Manchester United Foundation Youth Choir, recording a sport themed concert in front of an audience for broadcast on BBC Radio Manchester
• The National Football Museum will be in residence for two weeks, showcasing objects from their collection and some fun football-related activities
• Sue Barker with Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell in a special “Audience with Question of Sport”
• Plus special events with Match Of The Day and Football Focus, interactive exhibitions, children’s activities and much more
Barbara Slater, BBC Director of Sport, says: “MediaCityUK in Salford will be a fitting venue for the 2011 BBC Sports Personality of the Year. The facilities at the site are fantastic and the area has such a top-class sporting heritage, boasting top flight teams across many sports. This is a great opportunity to celebrate that. It’s wonderful to be able to also offer so many people the chance to get involved through Celebrate Sport which will throw open the doors to many exciting sport events and experiences.”
The second round of Premier League fixtures in the 2020/21 season got underway today. Gary Lineker will be live on BBC One and BBC One HD from 10.20pm this evening with highlights of all four games. He’ll be joined in... Read more
The BBC and Gary Lineker have signed a new contract which will keep him at the corporation until 2025. The former England captain will continue as Match Of The Day host, a programme he first presented back in 1999 as... Read more
The running order for tonight’s edition of Match of the Day is as follows: 1. Liverpool v Leeds; 2.Fulham v Arsenal; 3. West Ham United v Newcastle United; 4. Crystal Palace v Southampton. Gary Lineker will be live on BBC... Read more
Jason Bell will take part in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing. The 42-year-old is a former NFL player who currently serves as a pundit on the BBC’s NFL coverage. “Strictly is the epitome of British television and this year, more... Read more
The 2019/20 FA Cup final takes place this afternoon as Arsenal face Chelsea at Wembley Stadium. The Gunners recorded a 2-0 victory over holders Manchester City in the semi-finals thanks to a brace by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and Chelsea produced an... Read more