BT are holding a press conference right now to reveal details of their UEFA European football coverage from next season.
• Broadcaster announces launch of BT Sport Europe. The new channel will sit alongside BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and BT ESPN.
• BT also launching ‘BT Sport Showcase’ to show its free-to-air European games on Freeview. English teams to be shown at least once.
• Gary Lineker and Rio Ferdinand confirmed as BT presenters for UCL coverage.
• Steven Gerrard, Harry Redknapp, Glenn Hoddle and Howard Webb also announced as pundits.
• The channel will also broadcast a new ‘Goals’ show, presented by James Richardson, where viewers can tune in on Champions League nights to enjoy news and action across all eight games as it happens.
• BT also launching ‘BT Sport Ultra HD’ for its 4K coverage. Will start with August’s Community Shield between Chelsea and Arsenal – but you’ll need a new box to watch it (BT TV box costs £35)
• Premier League, rugby Premiership and SPL to remain free. European football to cost £5 per month for BT broadband customers – but will be free for customers who take BT TV.
BT TV customers will be able to receive the full BT Sport Pack for free – comprising BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, which launches on August 1 as the new home of top European football.
BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month.
John Petter, chief executive of BT Consumer, said: “When we launched BT Sport we promised to make televised football far more accessible and affordable than it has been to date. We have opened the market to millions of new customers and we want to build on that as BT Sport becomes the undisputed home of European football.
“We are of course giving our best offer to existing customers – broadband customers will get the new BT Sport Pack for the heavily discounted price of £5, whilst customers who take broadband and TV from us will get it absolutely free.
“This is a new chapter for European football on TV. BT Sport will show hundreds of live matches throughout the tournament using the very latest technology. Our presenters and experts will also provide the smartest insight and analysis.”
BT Sport will broadcast further action from UEFA Champions League 2017/18 this evening as Manchester United travel to Sevilla. This first leg, last-16 tie, takes place at Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium, where the hosts have never made it past this stage. The Spanish side finished…
Chelsea host Barcelona in the first leg of a mouth-watering UEFA Champions League round of 16 tie at Stamford Bridge this evening. The match will be shown live on BT Sport 2 with live streaming on BTSport.com and via the BT Sport App. These teams…
The fifth round of FA Cup 2017/18 takes place this weekend with live TV coverage on the BBC and BT Sport. The action gets underway on Friday night as Chelsea host Hull City at Stamford Bridge. This will be the first FA Cup meeting between…
Celtic host Roberto Mancini’s Zenit St. Petersburg in the UEFA Europa League last-32 first leg this evening. The match will be shown live on BT Sport 2 from 7.30pm with live streaming on BTSport.com and via the BT Sport App. Defeated in all three of…
Arsenal are in action this evening as they travel to the Jamtkraft Arena to face minnows Ostersund in the first leg of the UEFA Europa League last 32. The Swedish side are managed by unsung Englishman Graham Potter and have already played a dozen matches…