Jeremy Vine has been named the new host of The Wright Stuff

Jeremy Vine has been named the new host of The Wright Stuff

Channel 5 today announced that Jeremy Vine will become the new presenter of its daily current affairs programme, The Wright Stuff.

From September 2018, Jeremy will host the live daily current affairs programme which tackles the biggest news, issues and stories from around the UK, transmitting for 120 minutes every morning.

Presenter Matthew Wright recently announced his departure from the show after 18 years in The Wright Stuff studio.

“Matthew Wright has built a brilliant show that’s a big part of the British TV landscape,” said Jeremy.

“I’m delighted to be carrying on all the conversations he has started, with all the guests he’s made me feel I know over the years.

“Radio 2 has a beautiful editorial overlap with the serious but accessible agenda of this show. I am proud to be Channel 5’s choice to front it.”

Vine is the host of the weekday radio show The Jeremy Vine Show on BBC Radio 2, the most listened-to radio current affairs and music programme in the UK.

His extensive TV programme credits include Points of View, Eggheads and Panorama (all BBC One) and he presents the critically acclaimed graphic sections for all BBC election specials, including the recent EU Referendum.

The Wright Stuff broadcasts over 500 hours of current affairs programming every year.

The show will obviously undergo a name change in September, to be announced in due course. Over the summer, the show will continue to see guest presenters on the daily programme.

Updated: Monday 11 June 2018
Nina Hossain ITV News

ITV News has appointed Nina Hossain as lead presenter for ITV’s Lunchtime News. Nina, who has won the RTS Nations and Regions Presenter award for the past two years, is currently the main presenter for ITV News London and is already a regular presenter of…

Jane Hill — BBC News Presenter (1)

Jane Hill returned to BBC News this afternoon following a six month break. The reason Jane was missing in action was unknown until she thanked NHS staff in a tweet earlier this evening. “Big day today. On air for the first time since November. Still……

richard-conway-Image-002

Sports correspondent Richard Conway has announced he is leaving the BBC later this year. “Some personal news – I’m leaving the BBC this summer after 8 amazing years reporting sports news,” Richard told his Twitter followers. “Thank you for listening, watching and reading… and thank…