Matt Barbet signs off from 5 News for final time

Home - Channel 5 News - Matt Barbet signs off from 5 News for final time
Matt Barbet signs off from 5 News for final time

Matt Barbet presented his final 5 News bulletin this evening.

Matt, who announced he was leaving 5 News on Twitter last week, said: “It’s been an incredible decade, and I’ve been privileged to spend a lot of it fronting @5_News, witnessing the World change.

“It’s time to make my own change though, and next week I will present my last 5 News Tonight. New things in the New Year.”

Sky News presenter Claudia-Liza Armah is to join 5 News to host the 6.30pm bulletin from the new year.

Armah, who has previously worked at London Live, ITV and the BBC over a ten-year career, said: “I’ve long admired 5 News and how it puts people at the heart of the story.

“I’m incredibly excited to be joining the talented and creative team, particularly as we chart the largely unknown political landscape for our viewers.”

Update on Friday 15 December 2017
Jane Hill — BBC News Presenter (1)

Jane Hill returned to BBC News this afternoon following a six month break. The reason Jane was missing in action was unknown until she thanked NHS staff in a tweet earlier this evening. “Big day today. On air for the… Read more

richard-conway-Image-002

Sports correspondent Richard Conway has announced he is leaving the BBC later this year. “Some personal news – I’m leaving the BBC this summer after 8 amazing years reporting sports news,” Richard told his Twitter followers. “Thank you for listening,… Read more

paul-harrison-Image-022

Former news correspondent Paul Harrison has announced he is leaving Sky News. “After 22 extraordinary years working on and off-screen at Sky News on some of the biggest stories of our lifetime, I am pleased to have been appointed to… Read more