Adrian Chiles Joins ITV

BBC’s ‘The One Show’ Presenter, Adrian Chiles has quit the BBC.

Chiles, who also presents Match of the Day 2 has signed a four-year-deal with ITV worth around five million pounds.

Adrian Chiles will take up the role of GMTV presenter and will front ITV’s World Cup 2010 coverage.

Adrian Chiles said: “The chance to front ITV’s football coverage and GMTV would have proved an irresistible opportunity at the best of times. But, coming as it did at an awkward period for me at the BBC, it made the decision to leave not quite as hard as it might have been.

“I would have been happy to stay at the BBC doing the same shows on the same terms, especially The One Show, of which I am so proud having worked on it since the first pilots four years ago.

“It’s no secret how disappointed I was by the controller’s decision to change an apparently successful and well-loved show at this stage, but fully respect her right to do so and sincerely wish her and the brilliant One Show team well with it.

“I’ve spent all my working life at the BBC, working with and learning from some of the best people in the business. I will miss all my friends and colleagues very much but can’t wait to get started with new people on two major new challenges for me at ITV.”

GMTV Presenters Ben Shepard and Andrew Castle could be axed to make way for Chiles according to ‘The Mirror’. Kate Garraway and Emma Crosby could follow as bosses try to sign up Chiles’ BBC co-star Christine Bleakley. An ITV source told the mirror: ‘The shake up on GMTV will be huge.’

Peter Fincham, ITV Director of Television, Channels and Online, said: “Adrian is a brilliant presenter, journalist and a football fanatic – I’m very much looking forward to working with him again when he joins ITV.

“He has the rare talent of being able to make television presenting look effortless. He will be at home at ITV whether it is on our flagship breakfast programme or in the football studio.”

Posted by on Tuesday 20 April 2010
Posted in
fiona phillips Image

Former GMTV presenter Fiona Phillips has announced she is battling Alzheimer’s. The 62 year old told the Mirror “This disease

TV presenter Eamonn Holmes has been awarded an OBE for his services to broadcasting in the 2018 New Year’s Honours

dan lobb Image

Dan Lobb will present his final Daybreak this morning as the ITV breakfast show comes to an end in its

Copy link