BBC to cut 108 jobs

Forums Forums TV Newsroom BBC to cut 108 jobs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #32448 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

BBC news is looking to axe 108 jobs in a bid to save ?11m by March next year as part of the third and final year of Mark Thompson’s Value for Money efficiency initiative. More follows.

#32449 Reply

jonn0boy
    Participant

Wow, thats a fair chunk, any particular sections they are aiming these cuts at or is it a general axeing?

#32450 Reply

Lone
    Participant

Considering the BBC is dishing out fat cheques to pay ‘entertainers’ like Jonothan Ross and Graham Norton, I really do feel sorry for those at the BBC who’ll be losing their jobs and livelihoods.

#32451 Reply

bbc World Fan
    Participant

Do you know which departments they are cutting?
    I really do like the BBC. I watch World a lot more then News World. I hope that their not cutting anchore jobs. Maybe it’s behind the scenes.

#32452 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Pity they can’t sack the whole lot and the TV licence as well. Then we can watch any broadcasted TV without the purchase of Government permit It is un-democratic. Why should I be forced to contribute to the BBC empire just because I wish to view only Sky? Mickey

PS – to learn where the money goes:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti…in_page_id=1773

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: BBC to cut 108 jobs
Your information: