Beam me up…if you can, Scotty

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Beam me up…if you can, Scotty

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Forum Member 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eagleeye
    Participant
    #19774 Reply

eagleeye
    Participant

William Shatner wants to be beamed up into space by Richard Branson. I’m not sure that even Scotty & his overheated engines can cope with this one, Bill. [Read the last line. Some things are just not possible. Ask Spock].

TREK LEGEND BOLDLY GOES

Star Trek legend William Shatner has put his name forward to join Sir Richard Branson’s big space adventure.

The actor with the “Beam me up, Scotty” catchphrase heads a long list of celebrities who have signed up for the ground-breaking project.

Virgin boss Branson is pouring ?74m into the venture, which will enable the lucky passengers to experience weightlessness.

More than ?800m has been pledged by 7,000 people eager to pay the ?115,000 fare to soar 70 miles above the planet.

Shatner, who played Captain Kirk in the Star Trek TV series, has been joined by an unnamed Hollywood director has booked an entire ship.

Jane’s Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro has also signed up for the first flights, which are expected to take off in 2008.

Virgin will build five spaceships – of either five or nine seats – which will be launched from the mother ship, Eve.

Sir Richard said he was overwhelmed by the response. “We are extremely pleased because it just means in a sense that the gamble we took seems to have paid off.”

The ships will travel at three times the speed of sound and each voyage will last around three and a half hours.

Passengers will be weightless for at least six minutes.

#19775 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

I wonder if he’ll dust of his captain kirk costume for the occassion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Beam me up…if you can, Scotty
Your information: