Former Calendar presenter Marylyn Webb dies aged 66

Image of Marylyn Webb

Former news presenter Marylyn Webb has died at the age of 66 at her home in Lincolnshire.

Marylyn was one of the most popular presenters on Yorkshire Television for nearly 20 years.

As a reporter she covered some of the biggest national stories including the five year ‘Yorkshire Ripper’ investigation.

“Marylyn was for many years the female face of Calendar and a very good friend,” said Alan Hardwick, Former Calendar presenter.

“She had a special relationship with our viewers that has stood the test of time; whenever anyone talks to me about Calendar – which, even after all this time, is often – they always mention Marylyn with great fondness.

“She was professional, she was kind, and I will miss her a great deal. My deepest condolences are with Alan and the family.”

Calendar News will be paying tribute to Marylyn on the 6pm news tonight.

Update: Calendar’s tribute

Posted by on Tuesday 1 July 2014
Rob Hawthorne and Trevor Francis e

Former footballer Trevor Francis has died at the age of 69. He suffered a heart attack in Marbella, Spain on

George Alahiah BBC News Presenter

BBC News presenter George Alagiah has died aged 67. He was diagnosed with stage four bowel cancer in 2014 and

gordon mcqueen Image  e

Gordon McQueen has died. The former Manchester United and Leeds United defender was 70 years old. Gordon, who was diagnosed