Sky Sports News HQ Presenter Kirsty Gallacher to star in Strictly Come Dancing

Kirsty Gallacher

Sky Sports News HQ presenter Kirsty Gallacher has been confirmed as a contestant for the brand new series of Strictly Come Dancing

“I’ve always been a huge fan of Strictly, so am very excited to be taking part in the show this year,” said Kirsty.

“Sport and fitness have always been a big part of my life but dancing is an entirely new challenge for me! I can’t wait to get started!”

Kirsty is one of the UK’s most respected and versatile sports broadcasters. She has enjoyed a long and successful career at Sky Sports News HQ, and currently anchors their popular afternoon slot.

She is hugely knowledgeable and informed about a wide range of sports, fronting Sky Sports’ coverage of major sporting events such as the Ryder Cup, Wimbledon and the Olympics.

Kirsty has also fronted a number of entertainment shows, including featuring alongside Ant and Dec on Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV, as co-present of Sky One’s Gladiators alongside Ian Wright, and presenting The Games on Channel 4.

The full line-up of the 15 celebrity contestants taking part in Strictly Come Dancing, which starts at 7.15pm on BBC One on Saturday 5 September 2015, is: Jeremy Vine, Ainsley Harriott, Kellie Bright, Georgia May Foote, Katie Derham, Carol Kirkwood, Peter Andre, Daniel O’Donnell, Anthony Ogogo, Jay McGuiness, Anita Rani, Jamelia, Helen George, Kirsty Gallacher and Iwan Thomas.

Posted by on Thursday 27 August 2015
Posted in
Sky Sports F1 Logo

The 2024 Australian Grand Prix will take place this weekend. It will be held at the Albert Park Circuit in

Missing Thumbnail

Sky Sports has given viewers a tour of their new F1 studio. They will be using the Monday Night Football

Copy link