Andrew calls time on GMTV

Andrew Castle has called time on GMTV. He’ll leave in early September.

He said “I have had a fantastic 10 years fronting one of the UK’s most watched television programmes, but with all the changes taking place at GMTV I felt it was time for a new chapter in my life as well,” said Andrew.

“I enjoyed both meeting and working with some very talented people at the programme and I wish all those at GMTV every success in the future.”

Andrew spent over 10 years on the GMTV sofa interviewing the likes of Prime Ministers, rock stars and Hollywood starlets.

Andrew, who is currently fronting the BBC’s coverage of the AEGON Championships at Queen’s Club, will commentate on his Eighth Wimbledon Championships final next month.

Alison Sharman, Director of Factual, Daytime and GMTV said: “I am so grateful for all Andrew has done for GMTV over the past decade. He has been a vital and central part of the presentation team. And now he has decided to move on, I wish him good luck and best wishes with all the new projects that he will be taking on.”

Posted by on Thursday 10 June 2010
Posted in
This Morning with Ben Shephard

Ben Shephard has announced he is leaving Good Morning Britain. The announcement comes after ITV confirmed that he and Cat

fiona phillips Image

Former GMTV presenter Fiona Phillips has announced she is battling Alzheimer’s. The 62 year old told the Mirror “This disease

Jon Kay for BBC News

Jon Kay has been announced as the new regular presenter of BBC Breakfast. He replaces Dan Walker, who left for

Copy link