VIDEO: ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit gets emotional talking about social injustice

Kirk Herbstreit ESPN College GameDay

ESPN College GameDay presenter Kirk Herbstreit got emotional this afternoon when talking about social injustice on College GameDay

“I was talking to David Shaw, the head coach of Stanford,” said Kirk. “He shared a quote to me and it reminded me, from Benjamin Franklin: ‘Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as to those who are.’

“The black community is hurting. If you’ve listened, the word empathy and compassion over the last four months. How do you listen to these stories and not feel pain and not want to help? You know what I mean? It’s like, wearing a hoodie and putting your hands at 10-2. Oh god, I better look out. I’m wearing Nike gear, like what? What are we talking about?

“You can’t relate to that if you’re white but you can listen and you can try to help because this is not OK. It’s just not.

“We gotta do better man. We gotta lock arm and arm and be together. In a football locker room, that stuff is gone. Those barriers are gone. We got to do better.”

Fellow presenter Maria Taylor and others also got emotional before host Rece Davis took the segment to adverts.

Posted by on Saturday 5 September 2020
Posted in
NFL Logo

Peacock will be the exclusive home of the NFL’s first-ever regular-season game in Brazil. It will take place in week

England Channe

Channel 4 will broadcast live International football this evening. England host Belgium in a friendly at Wembley Stadium, as Gareth

England on Channel  e

Channel 4 will broadcast the International friendly between England and Brazil this evening. The match will take place at Wembley

Copy link