Isla Traquair

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Isla Traquair

This topic contains 34 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author

tdomf_908c9
    Participant

Isla is to leave Five News when the station axes the Five News at 7 programme in the autumn.

Wonder what’s next for this beautiful lady?

#36973 Reply

Richard

Further to this, Five News at 7 being replaced by an hour long programme partly presented by…IAN WRIGHT!!!

Unbelievable! A consumate pro in Isla being axed in favour of a complete buffoon!!!

#36974 Reply

Scott

I will miss Isla.

Five News’ ratings will go down both because of Isla and Five News at 7 was a great programme.

I hope Five News doesn’t do well when they get rid of a popular programme.

Have you seen the line-up of presenters for whatever it’s going to be called?!

#36975 Reply

Richard

Indeed Scott – Melinda Messenger (OK), Kate Walsh (failed Apprentice contestant) & Ian Wright (failed footballer & broadcaster!!) ;o)

There was a piece in our local paper re Isla – she can’t reveal too much but she says a few “exciting projects” in the pipeline including a suggestion of more investigative journalism.

So I guess we’ll see.

#36976 Reply

Richard

Anyone know when Isla’s last programme will be? Don’t want to miss it!!

#36977 Reply

Scott

Richard, I hope her last programme will be fun to be honest! lol, apparently she’s going back to her reporting roots – hope it’s not at a regional programme!

#36978 Reply

Richard

Isla has just presented her last show. Just a thanks to the crew, & nice weekend & I think a bit of a wink. Plus her lovely smile.

#36979 Reply

anon

What was her last programme like?! What did she say at the end?

I missed it, I thought it was going to be next Friday 😮 !! – I didn’t miss it on purpose though, I hate it when I can’t watch Five News at 7, but couldn’t today 🙁

#36980 Reply

Richard

There are a few clips of Isla on Youtube…perhaps someone will upload her last bulletin on there. She’s a bit of a pin up there!!

Her last show was a normal bulletin, only right at the end after she said that was all from Five did she say “sadly” (her word) it was her last show – thanks to the Five News at 7 team, wished us a pleasant weekend & her usual gorgeous smile (with a bit of a wink I thought). Didn’t seem overly sad, but off camera – who knows?

#36981 Reply

anon

ok

cheers richard 😀 – hope someone does post it onto YouTube!

#36982 Reply

Richard

Isla’s final appearance has now been posted on Youtube, looking beautiful as ever (& no, not me who posted it, I don’t have such facilities to do so!!!)

#36983 Reply

to richard

Just seen it 🙁 bless her.

Richard, on YouTube, would you happen to be RICHTAYL by any chance?

because you commented on one of my videos if that is you – islafan1 lol.

That’s the only clips of Isla I had, and thought it would be good if I put them on YouTube 😉

#36984 Reply

Richard

@ISlafan1:

Might be!!!!! ;o)

Isn’t she the business?

#36985 Reply

islafan1

You could say this…

Isla-ve her (I love her).

#36986 Reply

Baz

Ahh Rich i’m Fwebword on YT!! I was searching for Isla too

#36987 Reply

Richard

LOL! Loads of people searching for Isla!! Cheers Baz!! :o)

#36988 Reply

Richard

Live from Studio Five…dear GOD!!!!!!

Poor Isla being axed for THIS!

:-O

#36989 Reply

islafan1

Richard,
    I agree!! lol

I’m sure many people watched it for Isla (and to see what her little laughs and jokes were to be next), but she was a great presenter unlike the people on Live from Studio Five, and Five News at 7 was a great show!!!! – Now we’re stuck with some boring little studio because it had to make way for some hideous new set for that new rubbish!!!!

#36990 Reply

Umar Farooq

I’m on work experience at Sky News and bump into Ian Right and Messenger every single day. Nice people, just like the others at Sky 🙂

#36991 Reply

Richard

Nice Isla interview in the Scotsman newspaper which you can read online. Got the best ratings for FNat7 before she left, but still no clues about what she’ll be doing next. If anything indeed is lined up, she’s very coy.

#36992 Reply

Richard

Ms Traquair was at Scottish BAFTA awards 2009, & was STUNNING!! Back on TV soon I think.

#36993 Reply

formerly islafan1

What is she going to be on?

Richard, I bet you’ve bookmarked the Isla Traquair search on Google News! lol

#36994 Reply

Richard

😀 I may do just that!!

#36995 Reply

RT

No news on Isla yet, I wish she’d hurry back to our screens.

#36996 Reply

Dave

I miss isla

i loved her

she was mine

come back isla to tv

we all miss you

we hate live from studio five

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Isla Traquair
Your information: