ITV News – General Thread

Forums Forums TV Newsroom ITV News – General Thread

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  esvaros 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #34647 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

General thread for day-to-day discussions on ITV/ITN News.

A New Topic should be created in the first instance. Often most comments don’t warrant a new thread.

This thread is mainly for general discussions, day-to-day operations, graphic tweaks, correspondents locations, up-and-coming programmes, and other pieces of information.

#34648 Reply

This is Drew
    Participant

The ITV News looks great in widescreen on the ‘coming up’ promos on the Lunchtime and Nightly news. Is their a particular reason as to why they won’t switch to widescreen?

#34649 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Who done the national weather tonight ?

#34650 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

jo blythe (YTV) – she has been doing it for the past week or so

#34651 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

hippo wrote:jo blythe (YTV) – she has been doing it for the past week or so

Ah, I thought it was, she seems to have a new hair style.

Becky Mantin suffered a head injury after a surfing accident.

ITV weathergirl Becky Mantin was in hospital last night having brain scans after a horrific surfing accident.

The 25-year-old had cracked her head open on a surfboard.

Becky was treated in hospital but then collapsed, unable to move, a week later. She was rushed to hospital for brain scans.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001 … 14,00.html

#34652 Reply

This is Drew
    Participant

Get well soon Becky – I had no idea.

So this is why Jo Blythe has been presenting 7days a week for the past couple of weeks or so. I take it Martin Davies is doing other work? What happened to Sian Loyld I rarely see her now.

#34653 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

This is Drew wrote:Get well soon Becky – I had no idea.

So this is why Jo Blythe has been presenting 7days a week for the past couple of weeks or so. I take it Martin Davies is doing other work? What happened to Sian Loyld I rarely see her now.

Martin has been forecasting since Saturday or Sunday, with Sian on duty today. Get well soon, Becky.

#34654 Reply

This is Drew
    Participant

GMc wrote:

Martin has been forecasting since Saturday or Sunday, with Sian on duty today. Get well soon, Becky.

.. I posted that message a month or so ago.

#34655 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

This is Drew wrote:

GMc wrote:

.. I posted that message a month or so ago.

LOL. Sorry, I miss-read the date on your post.

#34656 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

who’s doing the evening news tonight?

#34657 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Johnnie wrote:who’s doing the evening news tonight?

That was Lucy Meacock, best known as the main female presenter of ITV’s Granada Reports.

#34658 Reply

skynewsfan18
    Participant

i dint know helen wright had left why?
    and harry smith?

#34659 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

skynewsfan18 wrote:i dint know helen wright had left why?
    and harry smith?

They, along with Jonathan Wills were made redundant, I think.

#34660 Reply

This is Drew
    Participant

Just to let the mod/editors of TV Newsroom know that, Harry Smith and Helen Wright are no longer reporters for ITV News. They were axed/paid off not long back.

You seem very quick to add Natasha Kerplunk to the fiveNews section..

and you still haven’t added Phil Gayle to the ITV Morning News, in presenters in the ITV News section.

Thanks.

#34661 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

This is Drew wrote:Just to let the mod/editors of TV Newsroom know that, Harry Smith and Helen Wright are no longer reporters for ITV News. They were axed/paid off not long back.

You seem very quick to add Natasha Kerplunk to the fiveNews section..

and you still haven’t added Phil Gayle to the ITV Morning News, in presenters in the ITV News section.

Thanks.

All Done!

I shall be working on the ITV News section very soon, got a few tweaks to make. I’ll update presenter and reporter pages then.

#34662 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I’ve noticed the EPG (sky) now as the ITV News headlines and Regional News listed at 11:10 and 11:15, Before it was ‘This Morning’ from 10:30 – 12:30.

#34664 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

I was just going through some new year recordings and found a clip of Mark Austin with a large hole in his stomach

vlcsnap-1326389.jpg

EDIT: Oh, I’ve just realised why the scripts on ITV News now end with a sheet of dark red paper.
    Mark is probably holding a sheet of white paper in the image above, and the green floor is shinning up on to the paper causing it to display part of the backdrop (CSO style)

vlcsnap-1333074.jpg
    #34665 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Why isn’t the lives and reports from Washington in Widescreen?

I noticed when Trevor was teasting NaT from Washington last week, the shot was in 14:9. yet the news at ten was in 16:9. John Irvine and Bill Neely’s reports were also in 14:9.

#34666 Reply

esvaros

Did anyone else think the ending to Richard Pallots report on the use of autotuning in the x factor was really funny? He signed of in the usual way but his voice had been altered so it was really squeaky.
    Itv news is the best, I was brought up in the Mark Austin and Mary Nightingale era and its still as good as ever.

#34667 Reply

esvaros

Just wondering are you going to update the Itv reporters page any time soon?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: ITV News – General Thread
Your information: