Moira Stuart leaves BBC Breakfast

Moira Stuart has said farewell to the Breakfast newsdesk after 6 years.

Stuart, one of the BBC’s most recognisable faces, is staying with the corporation however. She will continue presenting at the newsdesk on Sunday AM, presented by Andrew Marr each Sunday morning and she will also present the network BBC One bulletins on a Saturday.

Moira is also taking on a number of special projects including a documentary for BBC Four. She’ll also retain her link with BBC Breakfast, with a series of special interview-led reports – the first of which will look at the changing role of women in the media.

Breakfast itself gets a new look on Tuesday (May 2nd, 2006) with the programme’s presenters, Dermot Murnaghan and Sian Williams, reading the news summary from this date.

Moira said ” I’ll miss my friends here at BBC Breakfast, but I’m really looking forward to taking on a wider role and working with them on the other projects I’ll be taking on.”

The Editor of BBC Breakfast, David Kermode said “We’ll all really miss Moira, who’s without doubt one of the most trusted faces on British television. I’m really pleased she’ll be keeping an on-air link with us here at Breakfast”.

Posted by on Wednesday 26 April 2006
Posted in
This Morning with Ben Shephard

Ben Shephard has announced he is leaving Good Morning Britain. The announcement comes after ITV confirmed that he and Cat

fiona phillips Image

Former GMTV presenter Fiona Phillips has announced she is battling Alzheimer’s. The 62 year old told the Mirror “This disease

Jon Kay for BBC News

Jon Kay has been announced as the new regular presenter of BBC Breakfast. He replaces Dan Walker, who left for

Copy link