Setanta Sports News launch

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Setanta Sports News launch

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Johnnie 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #35412 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Setanta Sports News to launch on November 29th.

Kelly Dalglish is confirmed to present a weekly chat show. The programme will discuss all the main sports stories of the day with a panel of high-profile guests, including a fan phone-in element.

Setanta Sports News is jointly owned by Setanta Sports and Virgin Media, and produced by ITN. Its EPG number on Virgin Media is 518. The satellite EPG number is to be confirmed.

#35413 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

A promo just aired on Setanta Sports 1 about Setanta Sports News – featuring Alex Hyndman and confirming satellite channel 435.

#35414 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Just to add to the above post, Paul Dempsey is also on the ad. There are two other males whom I don’t recognise on the promo. Anyone know who they are?

#35415 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Here’s the promo: http://www.tvnewsroom.site/media/playe … layer=real

There’s a few people in the promo I don’t recognise.

#35416 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Theres a guy called Ashley House who used to work on a shopping channel here and on Real Madrid TV.
    You can add the channel to your Sky box as follows,
    Freguency-12.560
    Polarisation H
    Symbol rate 27.5
    FEC 2/3
    channel-54005

They are currently running the ad for it constantly, there is nothing on 435 at present

#35417 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Real Madrid TV is on EPG 446.

Member on TVF is saying Lisa Knights is a Setanta Sports News presenter.

#35418 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Yeah I know Real Tv is on 446, I was meaning that was how to add Setanta Sports News to your digibox now as they dont have anything on 435 yet

#35419 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Sorry!

#35420 Reply

bouncebackability
    Participant

Ashley House was on the normal version of Fame Academy a couple of years back! Done alright for himself out of that then.

#35421 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Add Steve Gaisford to the list of Presenters.

#35422 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

There doesn’t seem to be a launch time just yet..

Rhodri Williams may also be apart of Setanta Sports News.

#35423 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

I guess the launch day will be this Thursday.

Also Setanta Sports will be showing every Home Nations, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic Of Ireland, away matches so looks like ITV will only be showing roughly 5 England home matches so what a raw deal for terrestrial tv again

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a80647/setanta-secures-world-cup-qualifiers.html

#35424 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Jason1970 wrote:I guess the launch day will be this Thursday.

Also Setanta Sports will be showing every Home Nations, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic Of Ireland, away matches so looks like ITV will only be showing roughly 5 England home matches so what a raw deal for terrestrial tv again

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a80647/setanta-secures-world-cup-qualifiers.html

Yes, it is this Thursday, i was just wondering what time the launch was..

I’ve put together a Setanta Sports section – although there’s not much on there just yet. http://www.tvnewsroom.site/setanta.

SSN’s wiki article names Terry Alderton one of its presenters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setanta_Sports_News

#35425 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

I think Terry Alderton was supposed to be doing Setanta Sports News overnight when there is no news

#35426 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

The studio sounds great, Johnnie has posted on the Setanta Sports News page that its yellow, with many presentation points, and with a newsroom in view aswell. It would be fantastic if the atrium was in view aswell, even though the studio is small, I’m glad theres many presenation points, I wonder if theres a CSO/Newswall.
    I’m glad Alex Hyndman has joined, she was hardly seen on Sky News doing the sport. Shame we don’t know what time it launches, I was thinking sometime in the morning. Not long now anyway!

#35427 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

PROGRAMME ALERT lol!
    Someone on another forum has said Setanta Sports News launches tonight at midnight. Also, the studio space is the one on the ground floor which Channel 5 used to have, which was quite big IIRC. Also, the Sky channel number has now been taken off the promo, it now only reads the Virgin Media number.

#35428 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

Josh209 wrote:PROGRAMME ALERT lol!
    Someone on another forum has said Setanta Sports News launches tonight at midnight. Also, the studio space is the one on the ground floor which Channel 5 used to have, which was quite big IIRC. Also, the Sky channel number has now been taken off the promo, it now only reads the Virgin Media number.

The Setanta website is still displaying the Sky EPG 435 number, and the promo being played out on the test freq also shows the Sky number.

What a bizarre time to launch a news channel.

#35429 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Theres very little info on Setantas site about it, you would think they would be banging on about it

#35430 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Thats true, I cant believe all we’ve seen is a 50 second promo (maybe not even that) and a banner saying "SETANTA SPORTS NEWS LAUNCHES THURSDAY" on the website. We dont even have a time! Its not being well publicised is it! You would think they would be going on about it a lot, with it being a competitor to SSN and all that.

#35431 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

ha ha – The promo just stopped playing on the test freq, the screen went black for about 30 seconds, then the promo returned.

#35432 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Theres still nothing on 435 and its still the promo on the other channel.

#35433 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

It says ‘the morning briefing’ is on at 10am

#35434 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Could a channel arse up a launch any better? Lists programs to start at 10 and they start at 9. They have even more onscreen graphics than Sky

#35435 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Setanta Sports News launch
Your information: