The Robbie Rogers Interview: Sky Sports 2, 10pm

Sky Sports F Your Home Of Formula One

Sky Sports will broadcast an exclusive interview with former Leeds United winger Robbie Rogers this evening.

The 26-year-old retired after being released at Elland Road in February, but thought he would never play football again after coming out as gay.

Rogers has since returned to professional football joining LA Galaxy and becoming the first openly gay man to compete in top North American sport in the process.

In the interview with Sky Geoff Shreeves, Rogers explained his concerns about coming out: “I was 100 per cent convinced that I was done [in football], which is stupid looking back.

“I do not know why I was so afraid to be a gay soccer player or a gay athlete. It was a learning process for me and a learning process for everyone.”

“I have had so much support. I think this is about exposure, someone doing it [coming out] and setting an example.”

The Robbie Rogers Interview is on Sky Sports 2 HD from 10pm tonight.

Posted by on Wednesday 5 June 2013
NFL Logo

Peacock will be the exclusive home of the NFL’s first-ever regular-season game in Brazil. It will take place in week

England Channe

Channel 4 will broadcast live International football this evening. England host Belgium in a friendly at Wembley Stadium, as Gareth

Copy link