The West Country Tonight

.jpg

ITV’s Regional news replacement for The West Tonight and WestCountry Live, will broadcast at 6pm every weeknight from Monday 16th February 2009.

The West Country Tonight will be presented by current West Tonight presenters Lisa Aziz and Steve Scott.

The bulletin will cover seven counties in the West of England and will include at least 15 minutes of dedicated news in each of the ITV West and ITV Westcountry regions.

An Ofcom statement said: “West and Westcountry areas will be served by a single regional main weekday news bulletin, containing variations of 15 minutes for each of the West and Westcountry areas, and by a separate nine minute bulletin after News at Ten.”

Lisa Aziz said: “I’m thrilled to bits. I love my job and I’m really excited to be giving the important news to our viewers and getting out and about in the Westcountry.”

Westcountry Live Presenters Richard Bath and Alexis Bowater are being made redundant. Jemma Woodman and Julie Fisher will also be departing from the news.

The ITV Westcountry headquarters in Plymouth will close shortly and merge with ITV West in Bristol.

Posted by on Wednesday 11 February 2009
Missing Thumbnail

To pastures new in London, leaving the ITV West Country sofa, @IanAxton and a great team. Happy memories. — Vanessa

ITV West The West Country Tonight

Vanessa Cuddeford presented her last programme with Ian Axton tonight before she goes on maternity leave this Friday. Ian will

Missing Thumbnail

ITV news presenter Steve Scott is joining ITV West News. He’ll be the new male face of The West Tonight,